Impressively Simple in Concept, and Impressively Grand in Scale.

User Rating: 9 | Super Mario Maker WIIU

Creativity: the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work. If it's something we learn from games like Super Mario Maker is that it brings out exactly that. Impressively Simple in concept, and Impressively grand in scale.

In Super Mario Maker, you can create Super Mario Bros. levels...the title speaks for itself for what it wants to accomplish. "Anyone Can Make It. Everyone Can Play It." ,as it says on the back of the box, and they were not joking.

Creating levels is very user friendly with the Gamepad. Movement, though flows a little differently from the original games, is quite as good. You'll spend hours creating your dream level, and if you're quite the imaginative type, the tools provided are quite extensive, and if you can think it, you can make it. However, if you're not the imaginative type, you probably won't really enjoy creating levels, but that's ok, because The community levels got you covered. :)

I would like it if it had its own original story...though when you think about, every Mario story is the same isn't it? And I also wish you were able to hold more levels in the CourseBot. The 100 Mario Challenge is always a blast to go through every time, and on harder difficulties, can be quite difficult.

But the best thing about Super Mario Maker, without a doubt, is the Community itself. The community is booming online, the amount of levels created from other players is awe-inspiring. It brings me back to how impressive LittleBigPlanet was in its success to create your own levels. Though, much like the game mentioned, you'll sometimes come across those levels that are...well...not very good.

The Amiibo functionality is always a fun touch, and The added features in Super Mario Maker, along with the updates, makes Super Mario Maker game I will play for a long time.

I wasn't expecting to have this much fun with it. For something this simple, and this user friendly, makes it easy to pick up and play, like the games were before it. And is a very essential title to the Wii U Exclusive Library. If you ever thought about getting a Wii U, this would be a game I would recommend picking up.