FPS meets RTS. If there was ever a combination that I thought impossible...it was this one, but it is amazing!

User Rating: 8.6 | Star Trek: Legacy PC
Star Trek: Legacy...known already for having the license to pretty much all of the Star Trek universe. Bethesda Softworks...best known for their work in the Elder Scrolls series (by the way, Oblivion rocks hardcore!). MadDoc...one of those publishers with its ups and downs. But when you put those three together, you get one amazing game.

With an amazing blend of RTS and FPS, Legacy takes the Star Trek gaming to a whole new level. I, for one, am glad to see it. It seems to me the last good Star Trek game was Armada 2, so this is a welcome change, to be sure.

I wish I could say that this game released bug free, but just days after ship, there was the first patch. So at least we can say this about Bethesda, they are quick to respond to problems.

Allow me to get to the nitty-gritty. The graphics are top-notch (and my computer sn't even all that grand). The sounds are alright, in my opinion...mostly you're stock Star Trek stuff, nothing extraordinary. Although the voice overs make me very happy! Gameplay, as I said before, is FPS meets RTS meets Star Trek, and I love it. In a sense it's like Armada crossed with Away Team, and a dash of Elite Force. A great mix, if I do say so myself.

The fact that this game goes from the Enterprise prequal series all the way through the universe that is Star Trek, amazes me...and makes me happy in my pants, as it were. What I've seen when I played a little of the multiplayer and watched some of the extra videos just means that I want more. I truely hope to see an expansion...perhpas one that lets you play as the Borg, or Klingons...maybe even the same story line just on the opposite side of each era.

There are truly endless possibilities, and I hope that MadDoc and Bethesda fully explore them!