The story finds Spider-Man fighting (yet again) another invasion of symbiotes but this time they are being replicated by unknown means. To make matters worst, whoever is responsible for this is also controlling the minds of many of the world's known superheores and supervillians. This is what draws the supervillians to Spider-Man and Shield's cause...seeking revenge on whoever was controlling them and stealing their resources to further their cause. The plot is pretty straight forward and doesn't really have a lot depth to it.
- A new approach to a Spider-Man game
- Very fun playing as other heroes and especially villians
- Double team moves can be fun
- The battle arena adds to the game's replay value
- Family friendly fun
- May be too light hearted for some
- How many times do we have to fight symbiotes?
- The use the film's license leaves MAJOR plot holes as to how certian villians are able to appear in the game and where other character not featured in any Marvel movies come from.
- Felt more like "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance lite" than a legitimate Spider-Man game
- The plot lacks depth
- The identity of the main antagonist isn't really that amazing. A change in this could have added to the overall depth of the game's plot
In all, Friend or Foe is a very unquie Spider-Man game with its set of flaws but is fully capable of being enjoyed by "web-heads" of all ages.