Soulcalibur V: The worst fighting game I've ever played

User Rating: 4 | SoulCalibur V X360

Wow, I've got a lot to say about Soulcalibur V.

The series initially caught my eye a few years back with Soulcalibur IV. I never explored beyond the cover and a couple Youtube videos, but what had my attention from square one was Yoda on the cover. Yoda in a fighting game seemed pretty awesome, but I never had much faith in it. I was too busy gushing over Street Fighter to pay much heed to it. A couple years later, I decide to rent it from the library, and the moment that disc slid into my console, I should've known better and taken it right out and taken it right back to the library.

I hate this game. First of all, you can't jump. What kind of fighting game is there where you can't jump?! Secondly, this element is replaced by another very exotic one where you can move in a circle as your surroundings rotate. Very strange, and a disappointing replacement to an element that all games should have. Third, I have no clue who anyone in the roster is save for Ezio. I think he's the only reason why I wanted this game, plus Game Informer had it as one of their Games of the Month. I think they were sorely mistaken, or I haven't done my homework on this series. Either way, as of now I believe Soulcalibur V is a game only enjoyable by its fanbase, or button mashers. Otherwise, don't even bother.