Game seems fine to me but I understand that the game itself isn't as important as whining because you have to pay for it and bashing EA.
- Member Since: February 26, 2010
- Posts: 25
- Member Since: December 31, 2003
- Posts: 5104
- Member Since: May 25, 2002
- Posts: 334
- Member Since: November 1, 2004
- Posts: 1418
- Member Since: August 11, 2005
- Posts: 1877
generally I'd be on your side OP in terms of rolling my eyes at people complaining overzealously about EA, but on this one I think the complainers are right on the mark. And seriously man... "game seems fine to me" .... you'd have to be living in a cave to have missed hearing about all the server problems that kept many people from even playing the game at all for days, and that's not even getting into the actual gameplay problems.
- Member Since: May 6, 2004
- Posts: 799
- Member Since: June 7, 2005
- Posts: 25
I'm glad it seems fine to you.
Here are a few known issues though:
- Water Tables not replenishing from rain fall
- Service AI not being very efficient (Ex. 10 Firetrucks fighting a single fire)
- Trade Depot paying double the price for half the load (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvH2u2PPtg)
- Recycling plant doesn't produce (alloy, plastic, metal) either fast enough or at all.
- Over-exaggerated profits from Processor plant.
- Gifting credits to another city sometimes doesn't make it and the funds are lost.
- Water & power sometimes take forever to fully saturate a city.
- Trade centers won't always export - end up with full depots.
- Street car tracks "Not Connected" when they are. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9351958.page)
- Hazmat Fire Trucks do not respond to hazmat fires.
- Sending resources to great works is highly unreliable.
- Closing Simcity while loading a city (through the X button while in windowed mode) will cause Simcity and Origin to crash
- Unable to claim a second city in private region.
- Infinite demand for medium wealth residence
- More sims move in, don't work then run out of money even though jobs are available.
- Fire Helicopter & MaxisMan not being able to extinguish fires. They sometimes "bounce" on the intended target without extinguishing the fire. This tends to happen on larger buildings
- Buildings will sometimes blink. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353612.page)
- Not possible to place City Hall upgrades after disaster. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353454.page)
- Airports: Building an Air port, then building a Firestation Helipad, then closing (Not destroying), Helipads will still function normally with the Air Port closed. Note: Helipads are not able to be constructed while the Air Port has been closed.
- Highway: Cars coming into and out-of the city prefer a single lane.
- Radiation does not disappear, but may increase with intensity.
- Instant High-Density: Destroying [Avenues] will cause the area to become instantly prone to high-density.
- Profit from casinos not applying to treasury funds. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9354105.page)
- Industry that bypasses medium value doesn't count towards unlocking things like the Processor Factory.
- City stuck on "Currently Processing. Come back soon to play or visit."
- Screen goes black when in the bulldoze menu.
- Population/worker ratio incorrect. (Intended?) (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9347991.page)
- Buses, when full, will stop at a station that is full, unload, load, move forward slightly, then repeat.
- All service vehicles will not cross bridges/ramps.
- Buses/streetcars do not disappear when the corresponding building is set to "Off"
- Eventually students will stop going to school.
- High traffic on roads possibly causing sewage backup?
- Selling of services (Water, Sewage, Power) not correctly being available to other cities.
- Ferries sometimes cannot dock and will float around in circles.
- Trade HQ sign not ploppable - removed when placed.
- Electronics Dept.'s description states that it unlocks the Plastic Storage requirement at Trade Docks, but the Trade Dock does not list it as a requirement.
- Advanced Coal Mine Shafts have a large amount of open area not originally a part of the space requirement.
- Able to place parks and some other buildings while visiting another city. (That is not owned by yourself)
- If a city hall upgrade section is destroyed by a disaster, a new section cannot be placed until reaching the next upgrade level. (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9353454.page)
- Sometimes a School bus will get stuck at a school and appear to be bouncing slightly and will also not allow other buses to enter.
- Buildings sometimes are constructed on top of each other.
- Vehicles sometimes get stuck completely, requiring you to demolish the section of road and replace it.
- Freight and passenger ships sometimes "dock" in weird places such as land, or nowhere near the dock.
- Water is completely black if not watching from the right angle?
- Regular firetrucks put out HazMat fires.
- Buildings providing faulty tips. (Ex. A home complaining of no shops when literally next to a shop.)
- 'Dumb' Traffic AI.
- Shops/industrial complaining about no workers while residential complains about no work.
- People can still enter a private Region without being invited.
- Even with a power deficit of -350 MW, power to buildings remain active.
- SimCity launcher crashes if Mumble is open in the background.
- Having more than one recycling facility causes both to not work correctly or even at all.
- Bulldozing Mayor Mansion after upgrades resets the requirements allowing you to get more upgrades with lower approval rating.
- Smelting plant, Electronics Factory, etc still available if you bulldoze the required headquarters.
- Random Origin crashes in background causing SimCity to close down as it is required to play.
- Estimated amount of resources usually way off.
- If heavy rail crosses an avenue with a streetcar track, trains will not use the railroad or visit the train station(s)
- Recycling in some buildings will be ignored indefinitely (occurred with more than 1 recycling so possibly related to the listed bug?)
- No garbage appears on the garbage overlay, yet the statistic shows that not all garbage was picked up. (same with recycling)
- "Build an Arcology"Quest lists wrong resources needed (Processors and Crude Oil)
- Ambulances sometimes won't leave the clinic to pick up sims.
- Sims sometimes jump to the clinic from their homes.
- Parks report too many undesirables or homeless, but stats show homeless at 0.
- Getting rolled back causes Town Hall upgrades to not share between other cirty's in the region.
- Some buildings/items disappear once plopped in a plop-able spot. No money lost, but must plop elsewhere for building to actually exist.
- Crashing when loading several different cities per session.
- Smog clouds appearing from non-existent cities.
- Commercial buildings don't need industrial for freight.
- Mission speech bubbles sometimes have programming language instead of text. (Ex: "You have ~current_time:number~^choose:~current_time~:Hour:Hours^ Left!"
-Skilled and High educated workers won't commute to create High tech industries in another city. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Bug-report-Industrial-tech-level-in-the-region-and/m-p/738404/highlight/false#M36309)
- City that needs 110L of water, another one can sell 150L. First city will only buy 100L.
- Lizard fire remains even though the lizard disappeared. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Giant-Lizard-bug/m-p/741128/highlight/false#M36855)
- Track doesn't connect to anything when it should. (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Train-tracks-not-connected/m-p/713310/highlight/false#M30881)
- If you bulldoze cheap or nice rooms at the lowest Casino, the Casino keeps "room" for as many people who were in the rooms when you bulldozed them.
- Game sometimes only handles one direction of flowing traffic at a time.
- If the lizard disaster destroys your Department of Tourism and you build it back then landmarks and casinos no longer add revenue to the treasury.
- Delivery trucks for great works do 2 U-turns at the highway piece leading to the Great Work till they finally "enter" the construction site, but w/o updating the amount of delivered materials(also they get stuck in traffic that shouldn't exist there when getting out).
- In Region view other/odd trading trucks might attempt to deliver stuff to a great work.
- Coal delivery Truck from one of the smaller trading posts wanted to deliver, went back and vanished in a park n ride (with 5 tons coal)
- Member Since: September 9, 2011
- Posts: 25
No need to bash EA, Its ok to bash SimCity. Each game is diffrent. People hate EA so much but to be honest, if EA closed it's doors then WTF would we play. Games are already fadeing away.
If EA did closed it's doors, then I say it's a miracle and good flipping riddance. Nobody is going to miss them or shed a tear for them.
- Member Since: May 25, 2002
- Posts: 334
- Member Since: May 3, 2009
- Posts: 27
I''ve been into gaming for the long run, and i'm probably what you would call "obsessed". What i see is all the companies that used to make great games are all these huge big time producers these days and they just dont give a crap anymore. I mean seriously, indie games on steam for 5-10 $ are more valuable than half the garbage we see today for 60$. I'm not against simcity so don't get me wrong, im highly addicted to it. just sayin.
- Member Since: June 2, 2003
- Posts: 3803
Right about that. Diablo 3 60 bucks (Stupid me bought it) And Torchlight 2 for 20 bucks is far superior than Diablo 3. The big companies now are going overboard with greed with all that online stores, dlcs, ect..
I''ve been into gaming for the long run, and i'm probably what you would call "obsessed". What i see is all the companies that used to make great games are all these huge big time producers these days and they just dont give a crap anymore. I mean seriously, indie games on steam for 5-10 $ are more valuable than half the garbage we see today for 60$. I'm not against simcity so don't get me wrong, im highly addicted to it. just sayin.Mr8ball
- Member Since: December 18, 2004
- Posts: 666
The much acclaimed and the game everyone and their Mom seems to love Tomb Raider for 60 bucks, which I played for about 14 hours and have no desire to replay, or the 60 dollar sim city, which does have bugs which will get fixed eventually. No I'm not making excuses, as they should have been ironed out initially. But, anyways. I've put 50 hours into sim city so far and will continue to play it. I got my money worth over Tomb Raider.
Oh, and I want to seem cool. So F*ck you EA!!!
Did I do it right?
Please Log In to post.