Not a good game at all. Why in the world would they put guns and swearing in a Sonic game?!

User Rating: 2 | Shadow the Hedgehog (Player's Choice) GC

My 12th review after Star Fox Adventures.

Now this game is and isn't a Sonic game ...and it wasn't really that good at all. I mean Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite characters, but when I played this game at my cousin's house before, I really dislike how they added guns and cursing in a Sonic game, because that could've made it rated T for Teen, like come on, Sonic is a very happy, innocent, and friendly video game series. The controls are terrible, camera is awful, level design is beyond sloppy, and there are no target locks. What's good about it is the music, the several paths to take through the game, and the replay value. Anyway, this game is about Black Doom, the leader of the Black Arms and the main villain of the game who tells Shadow to find 7 chaos emeralds and bring them to him. You have a choice to be a hero or dark side. When your hero gauge is full, you have the power to use the Chaos Control. When your dark gauge is full, you have the power to use the Chaos Blast. Although I'm not going to go way too far and go overboard on this game by taking it very seriously, this game gets an F. Here the results:

Voice-acting 3/10: More Jason Griffith, but what's worse, Shadow says mild swear words like "damn" and "hell". The characters swearing really must be just like South Park.

Game-play 2/10: The game-play is so so not one of the best! Worse, you're playing as one of the greatest video game anti-heroes from a very happy, innocent, and friendly video game series where you have an optional choice of being a hero or villain and is also full of dark violence. The level design is also very sloppy. What's only good is the replay value. That's it!

Graphics 10/10: The graphics are very cool.

Controls 1/10: Yeah, the controls are terrible, and of course, the camera is as awful as the controls, not to mention there is no target locks, like seriously why doesn't this have any lock-on? Many shooting games do, but not this one though.

Sound/Music 10/10: Really awesome music!

Lasting Appeal 2/10: There are problems about the game like the controls, camera, level design, no target locks, and the dark, violent content for a cute video game series.

Overall, Shadow The Hedgehog is not a good game at all!

The Good:

-Addicting music

-Terrific graphics

-Cool cover since Sonic 2006's cover

-Black Doom is actually a likable villain

-Decent replay value

The Bad:

-Terrible controls

-Awful camera

-No target lock-on

-Sloppy level design

-Dark violence for a very happy, innocent, and friendly video game series

The cover is also really cool to stare at just like Sonic 2006's cover. You'll have to consider giving it a try before buying it, otherwise play something else. I'm not trying to go overboard on this game like I mentioned before since I'm a huge Sonic fan and Shadow is one of my favorite characters. That's the end of my review. Have a nice day!

Shadow The Hedgehog gets a 2 out of 10!

-sonic_rareware8