What can make this game complete and more memorable.

jark888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jark888
Member since 2011 • 78 Posts

No doubt, this game is amazing. However, how many of you notice that it lack of one essential element. I am talking about story telling. If after taking down each boss, we get to learn the back story of the main characters. It'll be much better emotional and immersive game. Most of you including development teams who gave high score to this game have probably stuned by gameplay, music, and grandeur like I have. Anyway, I'd waited to learn more about the back story throughout gameplay, and hardly know anything about it (Even after finishing it). I want to know more about the relationship between both protagonists. How and why has she lost conciousness? What drive the main character to go through this hardship? The setting. The history of the sword, Colossus, and so forth. This game could become one of the greatest game of all time if great back stories has included. 

Keivz_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Keivz_basic
Member since 2002 • 1219 Posts
Can't say that I agree with you. Part of the beauty of this game is it's simplicity. Plus, videogames stories are rarely any good. Adding additional plot elements to this game would just muddy the waters so to speak. The guy in this game is doing what he's doing for a girl--that's a universally accepted premise and it's all the story I need.
Snoozer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Snoozer-
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think what really makes this game unique is its mysteriousness. Nowadays, the stories in games are always being spoon fed to the players, and every detail is eventually given, making the player really not think about it once the game is over. This is what I love about Shadow of the Colossus. It makes you wonder about so many things. Where is Wander from? Who is the enemy, Wander or the Colossi? Who is this girl, his sister or lover? With so many things left unsaid, it makes the game that much more interesting and really makes you think about it.