Freboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Freboy
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

About 2 hours into Chris' campaign, I am ready to throw the controller into my TV. Capcom messed this one up bad.

RE4 and 5 had a pretty similar rythm. You would arrive at a fairly large, open area with a bunch of enemies in it. You would be required to open some door by solving some pretty simple puzzle, while fighting off the enemies. It wasn't very complex, but it let you move around fairly freely and defeat the enemies in your own way.

It is understandable that Capcom wanted to shake up the formula a bit... but WHAT were they thinking?

You enter an area... CUTSCENE giving you your objective. After fighting standard enemies for 3.5 minutes... CUTSCENE. Some huge enemy has entered the area. You fight the new enemy for 3 minutes... CUTSCENE. I'm screaming at the TV "LET ME PLAY THE DAMN GAME!"

And in EVERY single cutscene there is a HUGE explosion... a helicopter crashing... an enormous monstrer breaking through a wall... As my brain gets numb to all the action on screen, my frontal brain lobe starts asking me "by the way... why are we here? I mean, we have some objective "get from A to B" or "rescue the civilians"... but what is the overall plot in the game?" And indeed, there is no story. There is context ("we are fighting bioterror")... but no real point to anything. So indeed, RE6 isn't really an RE game. It's an arcade shooter, like those games you used to put a coin in and pick up a plastic gun to shoot enemies on the screen. Best not to have any plot... people are supposed to pick up this game on a moment's notice and play for 4 minutes at a time.

But then again, you aren't playing this game. You're being yanked through it step by step. I feel like a kid in a toy store with a stressed parent that always wants to keep me moving before I'm finished looking.

And by the way... the next Dead Space game is going to be a coop shooter. Fu**ing horray.

brettray85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 brettray85
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

ding ding ding ding! 

you hit it on the mark man. im bummed about dead space 3 too