It's absolutely astounding how poor and inaccurate the GS review is (read on)

tommygun6644

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 tommygun6644
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

I've now beaten the game.

It is very flawed and has multiple problem. NONE of which are addressed in the review.

Kevin complains about QTE's and cutscenes. Really, Kevin? I am convinced you played through about 15 minutes of each campaign. You are lying about playing through the game or are seriously screwed in the head, because they were hardly issues. It is not uncommon to go 20-30 minutes of gameplay with no interference whatsoever.

The REAL problems are how busted the graphics engine is and how poor the gunplay is. Compare every aspect of character detail (outside of the two you are playing. Look at the NPCs), hit detection and collission to RE5 and RE6 is far inferior. 

They also took out ALL customization options in that were available in RE4 and RE5. None of which addressed.

Ugly_Geezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ugly_Geezer
Member since 2010 • 414 Posts

I'm not a KVO fqan, but his review is on the money.. I'm liking the game, but often it seems to have been made by people that really don't like games and haven't actually played many.

Zeonmystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 Zeonmystic
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
Yes I agree on that. QTEs are not the issue and I got the same feeling Kevin Van Oord just played for a couple of minutes (maybe first chapter of each campaign) to get that impression. Also if you play good enough you will get about 80 percent less QTEs in the game so it is a matter of skill as well. Also I can agree on bad targeting system which always seem to target not what you want. It is especially getting on the player's nerves at harder difficulties. Also the difficulty of this game is insanely hard and I mean it. Even with infinite magnum try to play Leon's campaign on professional then you will understand the true meaning of the word SURVIVE :) Also my complaint is stiff martial arts control (mainly with Jake) which also was not mentioned in the review though it is very obvious and would not be passed if Mr. Van Oord was kind enough to play the game fully. Other than that I think this game is still good and should not receive such low rating as more crappy games. It is still a solid game. Review the game - not the franchise... That is my thinking.