Freboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Freboy
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

So I just posted a VERY negative comment about RE6.

Now, on a more thoughtful note... I wonder what we would have made of this game if it did not have the RE name and characters.

Here are a couple of impressions:

1) It would have received a review score around 6.5 by GameSpot, and similar scores by other reviewers (if you look it up, it has quite a few positive reviews from other reviewers). 4.5 IS a bit low, but I commend GameSpot for shining the spotlight (see what I did there?) on how far this game has drifted from its roots.

2) It would not have produced all these mixed reactions from the gamer community - people would largely have agreed that it's a straigtforward and entertaining shooter, but nothing more. "Okay for a weekend rental".

3) It would have shown medium sales and never received a sequel.

brettray85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 brettray85
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

I agree fully, when i play RE:6 and pretend im not playing an RE game, its enjoyable. of course you cant ignore the characters names and references, but its still ok by itself, its just when i start wishing i could play a REmake of RE2 i start getting nostalgic and missing the old style. 

this is what happens when game designers dont listen to their fans. they go their own direction, ignore our requests and fail miserably.