A Remasterd and Re imagined Classic

User Rating: 7 | Ratchet & Clank PS4

Ratchet and Clank as a franchise is a classic, a golden goose for the Playstation systems. We wait for new sequels, or spin-offs and so when I heard that they had remade the original game with modern graphics for the release of the animation film in cinemas I was worried this was just another gimmick to reap profits from the full retail price of the game alongside the DVD release of the film.

Graphically the game is a triumph, especially with the new PS4 console power. To play the classic in up-scaled graphics is fun, challenging and original as the game has new sections added from the film including bosses and whole new segments added into the game. With new challenge modes after upon completion of the game, there is a lot of replay value to the game.

The Good:

- As a remaster the game looks beautiful with PS4 graphics, lighting on water and objects in the game are amazing.

- Upon completion of the game, there are still hours of replay value with challenge modes and optional mission you can redo playing a second time through.

- New segments added from the newly released film, including newly created bosses and levels.

The Bad:

- However as a long-time fan of the franchise, the game can feel repetitive and in the later stages of the game you feel as if you must push yourself to finish the game.

- At times you can feel slightly as if the creators are simply pumping out a remaster/re-imagining of the game to make even more money from fans especially as this follows the release of the film in the cinemas and on DVD.

All in all I would recommend Ratchet and Clank (PS4) for fans of the franchise, especially those who wish to see the iconic duo in modern graphics, with hours of game-play and replay value but since the game was released at full-retail price alongside the release of the film I waited for the price to go down, and got it in the sales making a saving. Worth playing if you're either new to the franchise and enjoy platforming and puzzle games, as well as for fans.