I didn't find much that I liked here. The gameplay is tired, the setting is overused and there's nothing addictive.

User Rating: 5 | Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords DS
I love puzzle games, and I love my DS. So, when I heard that the "fantastic game Puzzle Quest" was coming to this platform I was curious and ended up buying it used. When I first started playing it, it was very familiar, then I realized that it used the exact same game as bejeweled. I didn't initially feel ripped off, due to the adventure-esq nature of the game. I thought the story was cute addition and the taking turns style game play added some sort of variety to the Bejeweled style play.

After a few hours I realized the Bejeweled gameplay is not conducive to multiplayer because in order to defeat your opponent you have to make moves that don't help you and the jewels falling from the ceiling are completely random and could turn the game completely around without any moves needing to be made. That was the the most frustrating part of this watered down bejeweled ripoff. Having a large chunk of the game outcome being determined by uncontrolled jewels that the CPU characters can use at their leisure.

Also, the fantasy setting that Puzzle Quest is set in , is a tried genre that barely has enough strength to work through the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I'm tired of hearing about orcs, goblins and mana. If you like this sort of thing, then you will love Puzzle quest story and setting, but if you have any disdain for RPGs you need to avoid Puzzle Quest.

Overall, Puzzle Quest's story is too weak to carry a generic puzzle more than past mediocre, and the unforgiving CPU opponents make the experience a daunting and boring puzzle experience. Where's my copy of Lumines, I need to get a good puzzle fix.