Prototype 2 Annoying Lag...

#1 Posted by Dakelice (25 posts) -

So i have this annoying lag problem with the game. Sometimes the game works great for like 2-5 mins then it lags again it mostly lags when i'm in a crowded place or when turning directions fast. Now naturally i tried to see if my GPU is the problem but then on 600x400 with lowest settings works the same as 1920x1080 with max settings so that cant be it. Then i tought the CPU might be the problem but i can't see how as my CPU is much better than the one needed to play the game. I tried some stuff i read on Internet like disabling HDI devices and deactivating anti-virus and stuff but it didnt do the trick for me. I want to mention that Prototype (2009) lagged just the same but somehow i played trough that game rly fast so i didn't care but this one i want to enjoy and the lag is really annoying me. I appreciate any help or hint at all so thank you in advance!

PC Configuration:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 (4 CPUs) 3.2 GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Also i wanna mention i play this game with a Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad and it works good except for the lag...

Thank you!

#2 Posted by thetrellan (53 posts) -
I had similar problems with Arkham City, as well as other glitches, all of which went away when I stopped my computer from loading Steam Client Server. Prototype 2 runs off Steam, but after running the P2 install, which included Steam, probably because of what I did, the game runs fine. If you really must, as a last resort you can try ininstalling P2, run msconfig and disable Steam Client Services from the Services tab and restart. Then reinstall P2.
#3 Posted by thetrellan (53 posts) -
Out of curiosity, have you checked your Windows Task Manager to see if any programs or processes are using an unusual amount of RAM? It's a good idea to be familiar with what's running in the background and to use the internet to identify anything you don't recognize. CTRL + SHIFT +ESC, then check the second tab, the Processes tab. Internet browsers are notorious resource hogs, but you can disable add-ons to reduce that problem. Your system seems up to snuff for most games, though I personally have 3gb of gpu memory on the system I play this on. I guess you're using 1 gig of DDR 5? You might want to test the game on other systems with similar specs to know if it's something specific to your system causing this. Should be easy to do with Steam. For PC I advise the Xbox 360 wireless controller for 2 reasons: It tends to be compatible with more games, and it's a very sturdy controller. I went through half a dozen before finding this out, and only then because it was the only one I could find at the time. I don't know how many times I've dropped it now, but it still works just fine.