Hot cars...Hot tracks...But no hot chicks!!?

User Rating: 7.5 | Project Gotham Racing 4 X360
Project Gotham Racing 4, the following sequel to PGR 3 (obviously). I just said that to make this review look longer than it actually will be. So now to actually talk to about the racing game that got an 8.5 from Gamespot.

PGR 4 is not very different from all the other usual racing games...it follows the same method that makes it a normal racing game. You know, buy a car at first...tune it up a little bit then drive to win money to buy new cars and bikes. That's an addition to this games that is worth mentioning...bikes. Many games that I play only have cars, but a wide selection of them. PGR 4 has a wide selection of cars and bikes, which are all tuned against each other so it makes the game fair to play. By that I mean that some cars are faster than bikes and some bikes are faster than cars. Bikes are really fun to play with because the graphics and the driving views all make you feel as it you are riding the bike. To make the game more special than it actually is, is to buy a small fan. I did this and I had an experience that I have never had before. I plugged in a small but strong fan and let ma friend handle all the buttons, then I started a race with a bike. I think you know what I did, every time I increased in speed, ma friends pushed a button with a higher number...It felt no different than riding an actual bike. But that feeling was of course with a personal touch...other wise its pretty okay, just like riding a car.

Another thing that I felt the creators worked really hard at are the weather effects. Rain, fog, snow, you name it, it's there. The weather effect really effects you while you drive. Unlike any other racing games, if it rains and you turn when there happens to be a puddle you will have a big chance of slipping. If there is a lot of snow, you might skid and fall of your bike or loose control of your car...but that rarely happened to me because I am a careful driver ;). Again the fan experience with the selection of rain will make it a whole new experience. I think that the creators are so pleased with their work on the weathering that they even make it rain at the main menu.

Graphics, as I may have already mentioned, are really good almost as good as Forza 2. Not much else to say about the graphics, except the usual; makes you feel like you are actually surrounded by buildings and trees, and that you feel like you are actually riding the car/bike.

All in all, a great game if you are into cars and bikes. Otherwise PGR 3 or Forza would be good enough.

Graphics: 8/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Visual Effects: 9/10

Overall: 7.5/10