Techhog89's forum posts

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@techhog89 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@techhog89 said:

@ronvalencia: Uh... You might want to consider looking up how PSUs work. Also working on your reading comprehension...

Claim: On a 200w PSU for $400-500?... Its just not happening.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/xbox-one-x-scorpio-games-explainer-video/

XBox One X has 245 watts PSU.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11992/the-xbox-one-x-review/6

In addition, the Xbox One X is outfitted with a power supply that Microsoft equates to an 80 Plus Gold unit, which means it should be 90% efficient at 50% load with a 115 V source, and there shouldn’t be too much extra power wasted from the PSU converting AC voltage.

245 watts gold rated PSU... it happened for Xbox One X!

Also working on your reading comprehension...

Not what I meant. First of all, it's 90% at 50% load, as it says right there. That's why I said that your reading comprehension is bad. Second, you calculated efficiency incorrectly. If a PSU is 90% efficient, that doesn't mean that it tops out at using 90% of its rated capacity; it means that 90% of the energy it uses is what it needs to feed to the system, and the other 10% is lost. A 245W PSU will still top out at 245W output no matter what its efficiency is; however, at 100% load with a Gold rating efficiency is around 87%, which means that at max load it would output 245W, but would need to use ~282W when doing so. That's what I meant. You don't understand what efficiency ratings are, and you completely ignored the "at 50% load" part even though you posted it yourself.

2. 213.15 watts still exceeds 200 watts argument.

3. My argument's position on against "On a 200w PSU for $400-500?... Its just not happening" did not change.

No material changes to my argument position.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/80-plus-power-supply-ratings/

The power factor is another measure of efficiency that captures the ratio of the power going into the power supply versus the power coming out of the power supply.

Using Power Factor efficiency alternative would equate 90 percent at 100% load.

Again, no material changes to my argument position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

Using 230 V EU internal non-redundant gold rated PSU at 100 percent load yields 218 watts.

Again, no material changes to my argument position.

Your 87 percent efficiency argument is based on gold rated 115V PSU.

Actual Xbox One X's PSU specs

Input ranges:

100 V x 2.75A = 275 watts

110 V x 2.75A = 302.5 watts

200 V x 1.3A = 260 watts

230 V x 1.3A = 299 watts

---------------------------

Output (feeding into the motherboard):

12V x 20.42A = 245 watts

Efficiency example: 245 watts / 275 watts = 0.8909 or 89.09 percent. MS can claim gold rated.

Again, no material changes to my argument position.

FACTS: Using actual Xbox One X PSU SPECS output: 245 watts.

My "90 percent" efficiency usage was done for quick argument resolve while the actual output wattage number is 245 watts. LOL.

You forced me dig out actual Xbox One X's PSU and wasted my time.

Try again.

I wasn't disagreeing with you; I was just pointing out that your understanding of PSU efficiency is inaccurate.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@techhog89 said:

@ronvalencia: Uh... You might want to consider looking up how PSUs work. Also working on your reading comprehension...

Claim: On a 200w PSU for $400-500?... Its just not happening.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/xbox-one-x-scorpio-games-explainer-video/

XBox One X has 245 watts PSU.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11992/the-xbox-one-x-review/6

In addition, the Xbox One X is outfitted with a power supply that Microsoft equates to an 80 Plus Gold unit, which means it should be 90% efficient at 50% load with a 115 V source, and there shouldn’t be too much extra power wasted from the PSU converting AC voltage.

245 watts gold rated PSU... it happened for Xbox One X!

Also working on your reading comprehension...

Not what I meant. First of all, it's 90% at 50% load, as it says right there. That's why I said that your reading comprehension is bad. Second, you calculated efficiency incorrectly. If a PSU is 90% efficient, that doesn't mean that it tops out at using 90% of its rated capacity; it means that 90% of the energy it uses is what it needs to feed to the system, and the other 10% is lost. A 245W PSU will still top out at 245W output no matter what its efficiency is; however, at 100% load with a Gold rating efficiency is around 87%, which means that at max load it would output 245W, but would need to use ~282W when doing so. That's what I meant. You don't understand what efficiency ratings are, and you completely ignored the "at 50% load" part even though you posted it yourself.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@ronvalencia: Uh... You might want to consider looking up how PSUs work. Also working on your reading comprehension...

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@KBFloYd: Your expectations for LA were way too high. This isn't a flop at all. Expecting it to sell like BotW is silly.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

Uninspired trolling

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

@techhog89: my original set of joycons had this issue but a second set I bought about 7 months ago have yet to experience this. Wasn’t this issue only affected by launch units and Nintendo made a manufacturing fix to prevent newer models from experience this?

Most people believe that it's a design flaw that will require a full redesign of the stick to fix.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kazhirai said:

Apparently it still has drift and given the "joycons" are a permanent fixture of the system that doesn't sound ideal.

If that's the case with the drift, I have yet to experience it. But, I have to wait until later to get into it more. It's been a long night.

To be more accurate, it seems to use the same sticks, which in theory means that the will drift after a while of heavy use. Youre not gonna see it on a brand new unit. Could be 6 months, could be a year, could be 2 years, could be never.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

What the hell is with that title? Uninspired trolling

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

@ajstyles said:

PlayStation will always beat Xbox. 3 gens in a row baby.

PS4 still has tons of breathing room for price drops too.

It will be surpassing Wii and PS1 sales very soon if it already hasn’t. Should get the confirmation around sept 30/oct 1.

nah

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

3802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

5

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3802 Posts

US and Japan are the top two countries, but the cows all feel that both countries are irrelevant. Interesting...