I know alienware laptops have in/out.
earthking's forum posts
Hey everybody. I'm thinking about a new build in the near future and have a quick question. Is it possible for me to use a laptop as a display/monitor? I don't really want to buy a monitor on my new rig (not that much space for a monitor in the house). I currently have this laptop: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-S01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006MX0WHU
Does the laptop have an HDMI-IN or another way to allow me to use it as a display?
I will add everybody! Please add me :D
Hey everybody! I am currently finishing picking parts for my first build. I just had a few questions before I order my parts for my first build. I hope I can get some opinions.
1. Can I build the build on a carpet? My apartment has no wooden floors, just carpet and I don't want to damage my components due to static. I am deciding between a gaming desktop vs gaming notebook. I have picked all my parts for the gaming desktop, but that is my main concern.
2. Do you think I should invest in an anti-static mat (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19542/pad-310/ModRight_Xtreme_Super_Large_Anti-Static_Mod-Mat_Work_and_Assembly_Surface_Over_47_x_23_in_Size_-_Patent_Pending.html)? I have an anti-static wrist band but I don't know if that will be enough.
3. What OS should I choose for my build? I am deciding between Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro. Those two are the current skus I'm looking at. I have used all the Windows OS in the past and I don't know if I should upgrade now to w8 or stay with W7 (I'm currenly using Windows 7 Home Premium on my gaming laptop).
4. Are mechanical keyboards worth the price? What switch is good for me (I mainly will play FPS games and will be using microsoft word to type up projects, but prefer a quiet typing experiences)? Sure I look into membrane keys? I am currently looking at the Logitech G710+ or Logitech G19s? What are the advantages/disadvantages of these keyboards? Which do you prefer?
5. Can I game using my Vizio 32" HDTV (1080p/60hz)? Using my current tv would save me money on a monitor/speakers.
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"] KEEP YOURSELF GROUNDED AT ALL TIMES !!!!! even a little bit of static electricity can fry a component, a shock that you can FEEL can destroy a component many times over, just so you understand how little can harm the parts. you can buy a bracelet that grounds you at most PC stores for $5, well worth it.MW2ismygameNa, just make sure your working on a wooden or non metal surface and just make to touch a part of metal of the computer case before building the Pc you you will be fine. sitll never hurts to be safe, if youre investing lots of money ;)
Thanx. It's not that bad. I might get it just in case. And I will be working on a non metal wooden table.
Hey, everybody! Im working on picking parts for a new pc build. This is my first time building a rig and I want to make sure that all my parts are completely compatible with each other.
Thermal Compound -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056QHJ8E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&smid=A3UR7D7P8PAHT9
Thermal Compound Remover -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O7ARVK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=A1T6QWFP3DN90C
CPU Cooler -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051U7HMS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Power Supply -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O8J12I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
RAM (Memory) -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E0ZKLQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Video Card -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KC1R9E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DERX2
DVD Player/Burner Optical Drive 1 -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033Z2BAQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Blue-Ray Player/Burner Optical Drive 2 -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XWA3YU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&smid=AVM1Z79WGIB6T
Operating System -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q0PT3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Power Protector -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008T1TZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I also have a few questions too.
I just wanted to know if these components will work well together?
Will there be any bottleneck due to any of these components?
Has anybody ordered from amazon for computer parts? Are they good with packaging or should I buy all these components at Newegg? Is Newegg careful with the packaging? I prefer to buy them at the same time from the same place. Is it wise to go with Newegg to buy all these components?
What steps can I take to reduce heat from the GPU??
I want to play modern games and games that are yet to release games in the future. I know that in computers nothing is future proof. Based on these specs how long can I max out (or atleast on high settings) future games (I know its a rough estimate but I really want to know).
Any tips? This is my first time build a gaming rig by myself and I want a beast. Kind of nervous. What is the difficulty level for first time builders to build one of these rigs? I dont want to screw up lol. I will be following Neweggs tutorials.
Thank you for reading and thanx in advance for the help. I want to order around Monday/Tuesday.