Hello everyone, Marry Christmas to whoever celebrates it and happy new year to all, wishing you a happy and prosperous 2009 year ;)
Well, you must be wondering about this weird coded title, Mario and Luigi, or God's blessing. :lol: none of that actually, lets see what are they
But still that is not understandable, is it? Before I start explaining let me show you something first. I don't know if any one of you reads joystiq.com, this is a link to an intreview they had with a guy named Matthew Shafeek but what is so special about him? It is a long article so I will explain briefly. He is a gamer just like us and he is 29 years old, he suddenly decided to stop gaming for a whole year :shock:, that would be a difficult task for us gamers right :lol:, anyway, the guy realized how much gaming is taking from his time and decided to take a break and do other stuff. I really appreciate what he is doing and agree with him, and since I'm his age I kind of felt the same thing but honestly I can't stop gaming for a whole year :lol:.
A new year feels always like a new start and that is what I'm planning to do, so I'm not gonna stop gaming but I will organize my time and put a set of goals that will try to achieve on the long run then after a while I will compare what I've done now with what has been done before. So now back to my little codes which if summed together will give the following MGLB which will be my ideal from now on. I think the idea is clear now "More Good, Less Bad".
What I've been doing almost my whole life was mostly MBLG but I have to change that to MGLB. Why now? Well, since I started blogging on gamespot and specially when I started writing monthly blogs 6 months ago starting with July I kept some kind of log recording what I've been doing monthly and that gave me a wider look over the progress of each month. It is excatly like when you have a daily record of your spendings and when you print a report of a half year spendings you see the full picture. In my situation that article was the trigger that opened my eyes at the whole situation and ever since I've read it I decided I have to do something about my life.
I decided to blog about it so that this can keep me encouraged to continue with my new ideal and I will try to keep an up to date progress of my future goals to keep you updated too. It is like I'm going to be a science project obsereved by you ;) and maybe that will teeny tiny inspire you too :P
Anyway, I made a summary of my previous 6 months activities which I will devide to GOOD and BAD:
- Watched 60 movies plus 12 anime movies which I believe is a (GOOD) thing cause I think movies are a better way to spend your free time but if it exceedes your free time then will turn to bad.
- Played 18 games in six months, hmmmm, I think that kinda (BAD) cause they were taking most of my time, so that number should be reduced.
- Completed 2 anime serieses which is (BAD) considering they are only 24 episodes which can be easily completed during a month if you watched daily a single 25 minutes episode.
-Watched 0 Serieses which is also (BAD) because there are a lot of great serieses to enjoy such as LOST, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives and many more.
- Read 3 books only :shock:, I think reading is one of the most important things to do as it refreshes the mind and keeps it away from rusting so that is very (BAD) as I think I should read one book a month at least.
- Gained around 3 kilos, very (BAD) as I'm already overweight and I should be losing instead of gaining.That was caused by eating too much junk food (BAD), eating chocolate almost daily (BAD), no exercises (BAD).
- I have a good drawing and playing piano talents but I'm not practising at all. 0 paintings during the last six months (BAD) and 0 music pieces learnt (BAD).
You can see now how BAD the situation is, so to turn it back to GOOD I have to take a step by step solution and one of the very first steps will be reducing my daily playing time which should not exceed 1 hour during working days and 2 hours during weekends.
I will set the following goals for the month of January and will let you know at the end of it how much has been achieved. So here is a set of January goals:
- Read and finish at least one book.
- Complete a videogame.
- Draw at least one painting.
- Learn at least one piano piece.
- Lose at least one Kilo (2 pounds).
I hope to be an inspiration to those who feel the same as I do. From now on any blog posts related to this subject will be titled as MGLB.
Enjoy your new year party.
- Ali -