Forum Posts Following Followers
1479 652 24

Xx_Kares_xX Blog

Oh Wii... how I've understimated you for so long...

Well today (12/6/12) I finally went out and bought myself a Nintendo Wii, primarily because I've had a copy of Last Story sitting on my gameshelf since it's release that I have played and beaten, but I wanted to be able to play at my leisure instead of begging my friend to borrow his system. That paired with the fact that I knew ahead of time I'd be getting Xenoblade Chronicles for christmas really meant I needed to buckle down and buy the system for myself. Though these two games alone were the selling point for me I searched online for some other games that I might want to add to my collection and boy have I been wrong about the system for all these years. (Appropriate considering the Wii U just came out, meaning it's the perfect time ti start stocking up on original wii games)

Let me get the negative criticims out of the way first: The wii has a LOT of crappy shovelware and we ALL know it. As a 'hardcore gamer' I for the longest time shrugged the wii off as the gimicky piece of crap that it is often known as in that circle. As most nintendo players will tell you that's not true at all, sure it doesn't have the 'muscle under the hood' that the PS3 and 360 have, but really that means games generally have a more creative graphical style instead of all the 'gritty realism' that the other consoles strive for. (For example, look at how beautiful the Last Story is despite it's placement on the Wii) One gold star for the wii right there!

Aside from the graphics, the main complaint is the gimmicks behind the wii controller. I have to admit, when the wii first came out, it really didn't work all that well, but the wii motion plus has really changed this. Sure it's still not perfect but it's aa VAST improvement. For example, when I bought my wii today I picked up Trauma Center: Second Opinion for five bucks, slightly reluctant because I doubted that they could emulate the precise control of the Touch Screen used for the original version of the game on the ds with the imprecise control of the wii. Boy was I surprised! I actually played both versions of the game back to back today (not all the way through of course, just a few levels each) and actually found that the wii version controls BETTER, not to mention the fact that you get th eimproved graphics and sound of being on a home console. Yet another gold star for this sytem. (This isn't really leading into a rating, just showing I'm impressed).

Last and not least comes the game selection... I will be the first to admit there is a lot of shovelware on the system that's really not worth touching with a ten foot pole that tried to cash in on the 'casual' market, but c'mon guys... admit it... even if you're a hardcore gamer, when you tried wii sports or wii resort for the first time... you had fun. Yeah the novelty ways off pretty fast, but it's still fun to break out when you have other people over. I don't personally own the game (yet) but will probably pick it up eventually.

Aside from that game though, (the best selling game of all time by the way, in case you didn't know) when people think of the wii, they think of mario games, super smash brothers and zelda... with not much else that is good for the 'hard core' gamer. I'm here to tell you this is completely false. In fact, this widespread opinion can be used to your advantage because most of the 'hardcore' titles on the system cost ten dollars or less because they are so often ignored! For example, I picked up Madworld (awesome gory beatem up) Trauma Center Second Opinion (awesome Visual Novel/Surgery simulator by Atlus) and Red Steel (okay an admittedly subpar game with an actually decent sequel) for under five dollars each. There has never been a better time to have one of these things! If other hardcore gamers want to keep being elitist, then fine, more cheap games for me. For those that have already embraced the wii please comment down below and give me some ideas for other games to pick up! I'm just dying to break this thing in!

Games I suggest for the system:

Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Trauma Canter: New Blood

Trauma Team

No More Heroes

No More Heroes 2

Lost in Shadows

Metroid Prime 3 Curroption (okay yeah this one is by nintendo.. but only $5 and an amazing game)

Those are just a few off the top of my head and out of my collection, please give me some more ideas for games to pick up!

If you are a a Half-Life fan go download Black Mesa NOW

I'm only about 4 chapters in, but I think the fan remake is absolutely amazing. People really need to play it give the developers a pat on the back. I'd also like to use this time to point to black mesa and say anyone who thinks that Half-Life 2 is a better designed game than the original Half-life is full of crap. now that Half-Life has a fresh coat of paint you can really see how poor of game it's sequel was (in comparison that is, Half-Life 2 in itself isn't a bad game... just not nearly as good ss the original. After I play through the episodes of Half-life two, I plan on making a comparison between the two and telling why the first game is vastly superior, but I can tell you that one of the main points will be that half-life wasn't filled with moronic vehicle sections that completely killed the game's pacing. Oh... and ONE gimmicky weapon does not a good game make (the gravity gun is so over rated x.x). Anyway, that's all for now, I'm off to bed. see you later gamespot.

Here's a link, it's free ^^ http://release.blackmesasource.com/

Final Fantasy Challenge Reboot Update

Well so far I've completed two of the games in the challenge and I'm onto the infamous Final Fantasy II. I won't be abusing any leveling glitches or anything else like that, so this game has the potential to be even more painful than usual. Anyway that's all for now, see you later gamespot.

0) Dissidia 012: Doudecim Final Fantasy (PSP) - Ongoing throughout Challenge, All Characters Max Level and Game 100% Complete By the end of the Challenge.

1) Final Fantasy (PSP) Will be completing all Bonus Dungeons and Bosses including Labyrinth of Time and Chronodia -COMPLETE! (*Place FFI Fanfare here)

>Final Fantasy Legend (GB)- COMPLETE! (*still FFI Fanfare)

2) Final Fantasy II (PSP) Complete Runthrough with NO Blood Sword. Includes Soul of Rebirth Mode and Arcane Labyrinth. - Currently Playing

>Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)

3) Final Fantasy III (DS) WIll Unlock Onion Knight class and Defeat Iron Giant

> Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)

4) Final Fantasy IV (PSP) Will Complete all Bonus dungeons and extra bosses, including Zeromous EG, Brachioraidos, Geyron and Proto-Babil.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (PSP) -Includes Interlude. Will Complete all Character Dungeons as well as defeating Shinryu, Omega, and Ultima Weapon.

> Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)

5) Final Fantasy V (GBA) Will Defeat Neo Shinryu, Omega Mk. II, and complete the Sealed Temple.

>Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)

6) Final Fantasy VI (GBA) All Characters and Espers unlocked. Will Defeat Kaiser Dragon and Omega Weapon

7) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) MAY Defeat Minerva... I have a feeling this game will get boring long before I get that far. I love the story but it's just SO repetitive x.x

Final Fantasy VII (PSOne) Will unlock all Materia, All ultimate weapons and defeat Emerald and Ruby Weapon.

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)For what little it's worth, I will be playing on the Hardest Difficulty Setting and will attempt to complete all bonus missions.

>Chocobo Mystery Dungeon (PSOne)

Chocobo Racing (PSOne)

8) Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne) Will unlock all GFs and Ultimate Weapons. Will Defeat Ultima and Omega Weapon. Queen of Card Sidequest will be completed.

9) Final Fantasy IX (PSOne) Will Unlock all Ultimate Weapons. Will Defeat Ozma. Will NOT be getting Excalibur II. Will not be playing Tetra Master except when forced.

> Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS) Only Placed here because I think it will be a nice return to the old style of FF games after having played FF VII - IX. This Position May Change.

10) Final Fantasy X (PS2) Will get all Aeons and Ultimate Weapons. Will NOT Defeat Monster Arena. I can't fight dark aeons or Penance as I don't have the International Version.

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) I will not garuntee 100% completion as all it takes is missing ONE little scene anywhere in the game to screw this up xP. Undecided on level of completion for this game.

11) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS) - Undecided completion. Will play both Story Mode and Complete Multiplayer Scenario (2 Player) .

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) - Already played through once Two-Player Coop. Have two more playthroughs planned, 1 'Complete' runthrough Solo, and a 4-Player Coop runthrough.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Wii) - Still not set in stone, but I REALLY want to play this one. Really it just depends on money. I refuse to add it unless I can purchase all the DLC, as It actually has a huge impact on the game itself.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord (Wii) - Still not set in stone, but I REALLY want to play this one. Really it just depends on money. I refuse to add it unless I can purchase all the DLC, as It actually has a huge impact on the game itself.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS): Will play the game all the way through solo, and plan to play all the way through with Two-Player Coop as well.

> Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Wii)

12) Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Undecided Completion, am HIGHLY Considering all Hunts.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS) Will get 100% Mission Completion.

Vagrant Story (PSOne) Undecided Completion (I know close to nothing about this game besides the fact I REALLY want to play it)

13) Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Undecided Completion... I will be lucky to get all the way through the main story again. Just because of principle however, I feel I should at least TRY to do all of the bonus... hunt like mission things... even if it kills me.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) I don't know much about the game yet, but I decided on purchasing all GAMEPLAY related DLC (which totals about $30... ouch x.x). So I will be buying all the Colloseum matches (and completing them) as well as the three story missions for Lightning, Snow, and my personal favorite FFXIII character: Sazh. What can I say, even if the game is terrible (I've yet to play it) I'm looking forward to Fighting against Gilgamesh and Ultros Once again... I can't wait to hear the voice they chose for Ultros! Anyway, I will not be purchasing costume or weapon DLC as I think it's a waste of money, that and the weapon DLC are probably extremely over powered, why else would they force you to buy them seperatly from the game?

14) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) Will Complete all 300 Missions and the 10 Judge Missions.

Crystal Defenders (PSP) Will... beat the game?

Final Fantasy A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS) Magick Weapon (Upsilon A-2) Will Complete all Possible Missions.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)

And now the games that may not even be included for various reasons:

Chrono Trigger (DS/SNES) IF Played will NOT get all endings, will only get most complete ending possible with one Playthrough.

Radical Dreamers (SNES)

Chrono Cross (PSOne) IF Played will NOT get all endings, will only get most complete ending possible with one Playthrough.

Final Fantasy Challenge Reboot in Progress

Well, here it is! The official announcement of the The all encompassing Final Fantasy Uber-Mega-Challenge od Doom!!! Or... in much simpler and less exciting words, a complete Final Fantasy Series playthrough including every Spin-off game released in English that I can get my hands on (which as far as I know, only leaves a couple of games out). Basically, I will be playing every game I can in the series in chronological order (excluding spin-offs, who's placement will be shown below) and writing a review for each of them. I'd like to make video reviews for each, but well, technology has not been kind to me lately. I have come to these boards with this announcement for a couple of reasons, the first being that I'd really like to make sure I haven't left any games out (I'm sure my fellow FF fans will be able to name more than a few missing titles) and secondly to see if anyone else would like to take on this challenge with me. I already have blocks of texts regarding this challenge on my profile, and I'd rather not post them here and intimidate people from helping me out ^^' so I think I will post the rest of the details later, but for now I will post a list of the games I will be playing and the order I plan to play them in (or at least, the current order).

If anyone has game ideas for me, suggestions on strategies, requests or really just wants to tell me that they think this is a dumb idea, I'm happy to have as much involvment and discussions with other FF fans that I can. I'd even love to have ideas on how I could make this challenge more entertaining or interesting for myself and others who would like to somehow be involved. I'd really like to see someone else do this challenge with me, so we could discuss the games as we go through it. Anyway, Here's the list in its current state. Revisions will surely need to be made. If you want further details, you can look at my profile. (I will probably post them here later once they are rewritten and more refined). Note: I will not be including Final Fantasy XI or Final Fantasy XIV as I do not play MMO's, those are the only games I am completely againstadding to this playthrough).

0) Dissidia 012: Doudecim Final Fantasy (PSP) - Ongoing throughout Challenge, All Characters Max Level and Game 100% Complete By the end of the Challenge.

1) Final Fantasy (PSP) Will be completing all Bonus Dungeons and Bosses including Labyrinth of Time and Chronodia - CURRENTLY PLAYING

>Final Fantasy Legend (GB)

2) Final Fantasy II (PSP) Complete Runthrough with NO Blood Sword. Includes Soul of Rebirth Mode and Arcane Labyrinth.

>Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)

3) Final Fantasy III (DS) WIll Unlock Onion Knight class and Defeat Iron Giant

> Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)

4) Final Fantasy IV (PSP) Will Complete all Bonus dungeons and extra bosses, including Zeromous EG, Brachioraidos, Geyron and Proto-Babil.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (PSP) -Includes Interlude. Will Complete all Character Dungeons as well as defeating Shinryu, Omega, and Ultima Weapon.

> Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)

5) Final Fantasy V (GBA) Will Defeat Neo Shinryu, Omega Mk. II, and complete the Sealed Temple.

>Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)

6) Final Fantasy VI (GBA) All Characters and Espers unlocked. Will Defeat Kaiser Dragon and Omega Weapon

7) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) MAY Defeat Minerva... I have a feeling this game will get boring long before I get that far. I love the story but it's just SO repetitive x.x

Final Fantasy VII (PSOne) Will unlock all Materia, All ultimate weapons and defeat Emerald and Ruby Weapon.

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)For what little it's worth, I will be playing on the Hardest Difficulty Setting and will attempt to complete all bonus missions.

>Chocobo Mystery Dungeon (PSOne)

Chocobo Racing (PSOne)

8) Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne) Will unlock all GFs and Ultimate Weapons. Will Defeat Ultima and Omega Weapon. Queen of Card Sidequest will be completed.

9) Final Fantasy IX (PSOne) Will Unlock all Ultimate Weapons. Will Defeat Ozma. Will NOT be getting Excalibur II. Will not be playing Tetra Master except when forced.

> Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS) Only Placed here because I think it will be a nice return to the old style of FF games after having played FF VII - IX. This Position May Change.

10) Final Fantasy X (PS2) Will get all Aeons and Ultimate Weapons. Will NOT Defeat Monster Arena. I can't fight dark aeons or Penance as I don't have the International Version.

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) I will not garuntee 100% completion as all it takes is missing ONE little scene anywhere in the game to screw this up xP. Undecided on level of completion for this game.

11) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GCN) Undecided Completion. Will Play Twice, Once Coop, once Solo (solo will be more complete)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS) Undecided Completion. May Play Coop.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS) Undecided Completion

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii) Undecided Completion.

> Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Wii)

12) Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Undecided Completion, am HIGHLY Considering all Hunts.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS) Will get 100% Mission Completion.

Vagrant Story (PSOne) Undecided Completion (I know close to nothing about this game besides the fact I REALLY want to play it)

13) Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Undecided Completion... I will be lucky to get all the way through the main story again. Just because of principle however, I feel I should at least TRY to do all of the bonus... hunt like mission things... even if it kills me.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) I don't know much about the game yet, but I decided on purchasing all GAMEPLAY related DLC (which totals about $30... ouch x.x). So I will be buying all the Colloseum matches (and completing them) as well as the three story missions for Lightning, Snow, and my personal favorite FFXIII character: Sazh. What can I say, even if the game is terrible (I've yet to play it) I'm looking forward to Fighting against Gilgamesh and Ultros Once again... I can't wait to hear the voice they chose for Ultros! Anyway, I will not be purchasing costume or weapon DLC as I think it's a waste of money, that and the weapon DLC are probably extremely over powered, why else would they force you to buy them seperatly from the game?

14) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) Will Complete all 300 Missions and the 10 Judge Missions.

Crystal Defenders (PSP) Will... beat the game?

Final Fantasy A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS) Magick Weapon (Upsilon A-2) Will Complete all Possible Missions.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)

And now the games that may not even be included for various reasons:

Chrono Trigger (DS/SNES) IF Played will NOT get all endings, will only get most complete ending possible with one Playthrough.

Radical Dreamers (SNES)

Chrono Cross (PSOne) IF Played will NOT get all endings, will only get most complete ending possible with one Playthrough.

If Extremely bored, at some point I made add the original versions of Final Fantasy I, II, and III, as well as the DS Version of IV.. Honestly I preferred the DS version over the psp version for a lot of reasons, one of the main ones being difficulty, but I felt I should go for the game that gives the more 'classic' esperience. I may play the original versions of IV, V, and VI, but really, they haven't changed much since their original versions when compared to the leaps the first three have grown. In fact FFV and FFVI are nearly identical to their newest release, with the exception of some translation and VERY minor cosmetic differences. I may also add The Last Story to the end of this, though it's not made by square or part of the FF franchise, it is made by Hironobu Sakaguchi and the music is done By Uematsu... perhaps it will turn out to be the NEW Final Fantasy franchise, I guess only time will tell.

Final Fantasy Uber-Mega-Challenge of Doom Ideas and Details page.

While I don't know if I will be starting this challenge (officially) tonight or several months/years from now, i feel I should type it out now while I'm motivated. (It is only being posted on my Gamespot page because it's gaming related and my laptop has a short in it's motherboard so I'm typing from a friend's computer at the moment). Here I will be typing out the details of my Final Fantasy Challenge Reboot, or as I have not so subtley named it, "The Final Fantasy Mega-Uber-Challenge of Doom!" This will be an all encompassing Final Fantasy Challenge that will contain every Main Game and Spin-off that I can get my hands on that have been released in ENGLISH. (Which leaves only a few out all together, most of which have been recently released or are download only). Anyway, from here on I will write out some of the more detailed guidelines about this series.

First of all, I thought long and hard about which version of each game I played. I struggled between playing the games as they were originally released to the public (which would mean using fan translations for FFII, FFIII, and FFV, I wouldn't really mind this though) or playing the remakes of most. When all was said and done, I decided on playing the newer versions of the games so that I could review them compared to current gen games while not constantly dismissing things by saying, 'but that's to be expected because of when the game was released'. Because of this, I will be using some fan hacks for Final Fantasy V and VI that I feel make the game more up to date, however these hacks are purely cosmetic and enhance only the presentation of the game, not the gameplay, which is why I feel they do not compromise the challenge at all. If square was smart they would make these enhancements themselves on a further rerelease down the line (we know they are coming). I want to try and review each game as objectively as I can, which will be hard considering my love for the series and hate for particular games, however I am going to try my absolute hardest to give each game a fair chance to wow me again. My other justification for not playing the original versions of each game is because it would only really effect Final Fantasy I - IV, as Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI have not changed much since their original releases (sure there have been gameplay additions and such, but graphics have remained almost completely unchanged, and Final Fantasy IV would only be included because the original version in North America was nerfed pretty bad, taking out abilities, story elements and such things like that).I feel guilty about never having played the ORIGINAL Versions of Final Fantasy I - VI, and I really want to play them, so I may actually include playing the original versions if I get bored with the main challenge, but this will be completely optional and done at my discretion (after all it's my damn challenge ^^). If I do go through with playing the old versions, it will probably only be Final Fantasy I - III and if I play IV, I will probably play the full Japanese Easy Type version with an English Patch so that I can at least get a different final boss out of it.

Secondly, I considered forcing myself to do complete run throughs of each of the games (at least the main series ones) and If I start feeling a little crazy, I might, especially for Final Fantasy I - IX, but FFX and on have INSANE requirements for complete run throughs that I really don't have even the slightest desire to complete. For FFX it's the stupid calm lands monster arena that literally takes 100s of extra hours and sphere grid recreation, for FFXII it's all of the insane hunts (which I may actually consider) and for FFXIII... well anything but the main story is pretty much unbearable... (imo) but we'll see when I get there.

Thirdly: Contrary to my previous statements I will not be playing EVERY FF game... I refuse to play Final Fantasy XI or Final Fantasy XIV... I have a huge hatred for many series MMOs that I will get into on a later date... and considering how awful Final Fantasy XIV was, I don't even really feel bad about this.

Fourth: For all those ignorant people who I've met on the forums... CHRONO TRIGGER IS NOT A F***ing FINAL FANTASY GAME! I don't care that Squaresoft was full of idiots that packaged Chrono Trigger with Final Fantsy IV in FF Chronicles, Chrono Trigger is not a Final Fantasy Game, it's not even a Spinoff, and it will NOT be included in this challenge, (unless I am SO desperately bored I have to play it). I will admit that I do want to play Chrono Trigger again (as the first time I was not impressed... too much hype often kills a game for me) and I've yet to experience Chrono Cross. Anyway, these games will go in a list with the other 'maybes' that I will have below where I will explain the other games and why I may not include them.

Fifth: Several games were incorrectly given the FF name when they came to America, Namely the Final Fantasy Legend Trilogy and Final Fantasy Adventure. Both of these were actually games from entirely different Square series, which were called Final Fantasy for marketing purposes. Final Fantasy Legend is actually the first three games in a series known as the SaGa series, which is a long running series of 8 games if memory serves me correctly. Final Fantasy Adventure is actually Seiken Densetsu, or as it is more commonly known in America, the first game in the 'Mana' Series. In fact, this game was re-released as Sword of Mana for the GBA with more content, better graphics and sound. I have played Sword of Mana, but have not played any of the FF Legend games. I am undecided as to whether or not I am going to include these four titles in the challenge, but I really want to play them, so there is a decent chance I will. And well.. I may begrudgingly allow chrono trigger and cross if I'm really bored because my rule for challenges is at least 3 games.. and chrono trigger/cross only have 2 (unless I count radical dreamers and the two fanhacked games I want to try).

Sixth: Though I've pointed out games I will not be adding, here is a game many might find to be a strange addition: Vagrant Story. Though not a Final Fantasy game, it takes place in Ivalice (the world of FFtactics and FFXII). Just like my reasoning behind the Chrono Games, I've always wanted to play Vagrant story, but can't make a challenge out of it, and since it belongs in Ivalice Alliance (a group of games which I think are good enough to be their own series seperate from Final Fantasy) this is as great of a time to play it as any. On that note however, as part of my challenge, I will be seperating that 'tactics' section of my challenge from my 'FFXII and Vagrant Story' section. I don't really have a good reason for this besides wanting to play the Tactics games in a rather unique order, while the rest of my challenge will be chronological (FFI, FFII, FFIII etc.)

Seventh: The spin off games have no particular placement in the timeline... so basically, I will play them when I FEEL like playing them. If they have no direct storyline tie-ins with a main game in the series, they will be placed wherever I feel is best. For Example, since I want to keep my order as chronological as possible, in place of FFXI, I will be playing the Crystal Chronicles Games. I will probably put FF Mystic quest during the SNES era of Games. The one exception to this is Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy. During each of the main games in the series I will be leveling the characters in said games to level 100 on dissidia, in hopes of maxing out my roster and completing the storyline of Dissidia by the end of my challenge. In case I worded that poorly I will give an example: During Final Fantasy VII I will level up Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa to level 100 in Dissidia 012. I will also complete the main story of each character in dissidia as I play the correlating game. I will not be playing the first Dissidia because essentially the whole game was packaged into Dissidia 012.

and finally Eigth: I know they are in the process of making and releasing a lot of Final Fantasy Spinoffs right now, including Final Fantasy XIII-3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy Theaterythmn. I want to play all of these games if/when they are ever released. I know Theatrythmn is out, and I really want to play it but don't have a 3DS, so for now, I can't include that game in the Challenge, as for the other three, a NA release is not yet in sight. If those games come out before I complete the challenge and I have the appropriate systems to play them, I will gladly include them in the challenge. Also, I feel I must add that I do not include Kingdom Hearts as a spinoff to Final Fantasy, as it has more than become a self-standing series. Well without further...ramblings, here's the Final Fantasy Challenge list... Finally.

1) Final Fantasy (PSP)

2) Final Fantasy II (PSP)

3) Final Fantasy III (DS)

4) Final Fantasy IV (DS/PSP yet to be decided)

Final Fantasy IV: The Aftery Years (PSP)

5) Final Fantasy V (GBA with romhack enhancement to sound)

6) Final Fantasy VI (GBA with romhack enhancements to sound, graphics, and script)

7) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)

Final Fantasy VII (PSOne)

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)

8) Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne)

9) Final Fantasy IX (PSOne)

10) Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)

11) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GCN)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii)

12) Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)

Vagrant Story (PSOne)

13) Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)

14) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)

Crystal Defenders (PSP)

Final Fantasy A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)

Now the rest of these are the 'spin-off' games, and are in no particular order, but I may have rough ideas of where to put them.

15) Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) - Probably between FFIII and FFIV

16) Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS)

17) Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (PSOne)

Chocobo Racing (PSOne)

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Wii)

And now the games that may not even be included for various reasons:

18) Final Fantasy Legend (GB)

Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)

Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)

19) Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)

20) Chrono Trigger (DS/SNES)

Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile (SNES Fanhack)

Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity (SNES Fanhack)

Radical Dreamers (SNES)

Chrono Cross (PSOne)

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple spinoffs, but I will add them later. Well, I'll see you later gamespot.

The end of the Tales Challenge

Due to unforseen circumstances in my life, my Tales challenge has been brought to an abrupt end. Technically I could still complete Tales of Innocence but I have no drive or interest in doing so, from what I've played it's a decent game, I'd say probably a 6.5 or 7, nothing amazing, but there are certainly worse games in the series. I'm sure I will pick up this challenge again where I left off somewhere down the road, which will leave me with at least four games to play through, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces F, and the just announced Tales of Xillia.

Anyway I don't really know what I'm going to do gaming wise now. I was planning on a disgaea challenge but I don't really know if I'm up for something like that right now. I think I may just take a challenge break for a while and replay a couple of older games that I've been wanting to revisit. That's all for now, see you later gamespot.

Well So Much for my Tales Break...

I got my DS grip in the mail today which means that I will be starting up Tales of Innocence! Only two games to go in this challenge and then I'm onto the next one. I'm rather excited to be this close to being finished with another series of well... I'd like to say great games, but as you can probably see from my scores, this is the most Varied series I've played through so far. Anyway, just a quick update to say that the challenge is still on track. See you later gamespot.

Tales challenge update! and Next challenge announcement!

Well First off, I already completed Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, and even with my expectations low I was kind of disapointed. The game was just.. well.. boring. Luckily it was short (My Total time Clocked in at about 25 hours) so it didn't really irritate me that much. There's really not much to say about the game, it's dungeon crawler... only there's only about 7 dungeons, the floors aren't randomly generated so they never change, and there is only about 5 floors for each dungeon. Basically you have to do fetch quest after fetch quest just to get enough, 'fame' points to do the next story mission, causing it to be artificually lengthened. I know it's a spin off, but they ruined all the cameos by making all of the re-occuring characters bland, annoying and pointless to what can only loosely be called the 'story'. The combat was well retained from Tales of the Abyss which was nice, but even the bosses posed little challenge and made the game feel even more tedious. The only really cool aspect of the game was the ability to create and kind of customize your own character in the Tales universe, and that's really what got me through the game. The game reminded me a lot of Phantasy Star Universe only with a Tales spin (no pun intended), and since I've never really liked that kind of random dungeon crawling, grinding, gameplay, this game didn't really appeal to me either. If you REALLY need a Tales fix on the go and you don't have a 3DS, then I guess you can add this game to your collection, but I don't reccomend it for anyone Else. I give it a generous 6 out of 10.

Anyway onto the fun stuff, I have decided to make a change to my Tales Challenge. I only have two games left (since I still haven't gotten a 360 or Tales of Vesperia, and probably won't any time in the near future). I will be switching the order of the last two games in my challenge because I've heard people compare Tales of Innocence to Tales of Legendia... and I really don't want to end on a bad game, so I will be finishing my challenge with Tales of Graces F on the PS3. That being said, I love my DS, but playing on it for more than thirty minutes at a time gives me terrible hand cramps. I've finally purchased myself a DS grip, but It's shipping from the UK to my home in the US. I will nto be starting Tales of Innocence until I get the grip for the sake of my hands and my sanity. Hopefully I will have the grip before my trip to anime expo, but if not, well oh well. Anyway, because of this, I will be taking a week to 3 week tales Break (depending on when I get the grip) so there won't be an update on that for a while.

1) Tales of Phantasia (PSX) Score: 7.0

2) Tales of Destiny (PSX) Score: 6.0

3) Tales of Eternia aka Tales of Destiny II (PSX) Score: 8.5

4) Tales of Symphonia (NGC) Score: 8.0

5) Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) 6.5

6) Tales of Legendia (PS2) 5.0

7) Tales of the Abyss (PS2) 8.0

8) Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) 6.0

9) Tales of Innocence (DS)

10) Tales of Graces F (PS3)

Finally the announcement of my next (or ... second next? I can't type right now) challenge will be the.... DISGAEA series. It's a series I've wanted to get into for a very long time, and I now own almost every game in the series which means it's the perfect oppurtunity for another challenge. It's also perfect because I've been in the mood for a Tactics like game. Anyway, this is the list for my challenge

1) Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP)

2) Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero? (PSP)

3) Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties Dood! (PSP)

4) Disgaea Infinite (PSP)

5) Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome (PS2)

6) Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)

7) Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)

8) Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

May Include:

1) Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle (PSP)

2) Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (PSX)

I Know Phantom Brave isn't technically part of the Disgaea series, it shares a lot of similarities story wise and gameplay wise (from what I understand) and there are a lot of cameos between games, so I figured I might as well throw it in. If I do include it, it will most likely be the FIRST game I play in the challenge. As far as Rhapsody goes, well I'm not really sure. I kind of just through it in there because it's made/published by the same people and I heard it shares a similiar comedic style to the other games, and it's one I've always been curious about, so maybe I'll just throw it in at some point if the disgaea games get stale. Anyway that's all for now, I'll see you all later gamespot.

Another Tale down, Three to go!

Tales of the Abyss... is just a great game. It's right up there with Symphonia in my book, and it may even surpass it. I still think Eternia is the best one in the series though by a little bit, the later tales games jsut seem to have far too much Fluff. As much as I like character development and story in my games, there just seems to be FAR to much of it in the later Tales games, most of which I couldn't care less about, Tales of the Abyss took me 77 hours to complete and I didn't even do all the sidequests... Tales of Eternia, alternatively, took me around 50 if I remember correctly and I completed EVERYTHING. Eternia was perfectly paced without any fluff but still good character development, which Is why I still consider Eternia to be slightly better.

The thing Tales of the AByss REALLY excels at is presentation. The graphics are are among the best I've ever seen on the PS2, and the soundtrack is beautiful. This is also the first game in the series where I've felt the anime cutscenes actually represent the characters well, if that makes any sense. I've always liked the anime cutscenes in tales, but this is the first time where it's really MATCHED the rest of the game. The entire cast is voiced PERFECTLY, and considering almost the entire game is voiced to begin with, that's really saying something. Everything graphically was just beautiful, and the ending gave me goosebumps. The only downside to the graphics is the HUGE amount of slowdown on the world map. I don't know how they let this by, but there were literally moments where my game would freeze for a second just because it was struggling to load some trees in the foreground. It wasn't really that big of a deal because you don't spend as much time on the world map as in past games *cough* tales of symphonia *cough* but it was definitely noticable.

The cast of Characters in Tales of the Abyss were easily my favorite to date in the series. I loved all 6 of the main playable characters and thought they were all well represented, not that I'm surprised, Character development has always been the specialty of the Tales games (along with the unique battle system of course). On the other hand though, the story... left me with a kind of... 'iffy' feeling. The main concept is pretty interesting, but the main villian isn't threatening and it doesn't really seem like he has any effect on the story at all. I mean he does, but it's always behind the scenes, so it's not very dramatic whenever he encounters you, especially since every time he does he usually just lets you be and says, 'next time I'm going to ask you to join me again'. Aside from that, the story seems really... well, it seems like they made it up as they went along. Everything is just so damn convenient, "oh! remember how we said two hours ago that we can't stop the poisonous gas from killing every one with this tactic? well now all of a sudden we can! hurray!" Honestly I felt the climax of the game came about 2/3s of the way through, and everything after that just felt tacked on story wise. The gameplay however was amazing and made it easy to push through the rest of the story.

Tales of the Abyss PERFECTED the Tales series Battle System. Tales of symphonia did it really well, but the addition of the 'Overlimit' system (essentially limit breaks) made the system feel complete. The boss battles had a great mix of strategy as well as the usual 'button mashing' that people have come to expect from the series. I'm not sure if playing all these games in a row has just made me really good at Tales or what, but I found Tales of the Abyss to be a bit on the easy side, I only died twice in the entire game, and once was on an optional boss that I was far to underleveled to fight at the time. I remember struggling a lot more through Tales of Symphonia, but then again, I also got extremely frustrated with Tales of Symphonia's constant backtracking, which Tales of the Abyss tended to avoid (thank god). The puzzles weren't as frequent or difficult as the ones in Tales of Symphonia either, and I kind of missed those, but at least Tales of the Abyss had SOME secrets to discover, unlike that monstrosity Tales of Legendia (I still need to review that...). As I said before, Tales of the Abyss did a good job of avoiding the needless backtracking that Symphonia had, in fact, you only revisit a couple of dungeons more than once (excluding side quests), but it replaced it with annoying back and forth trips between the same three towns. I remember one stretch of the game where I literally spent between 2 and 3 hours flying between three towns just to watch scene, after scene, after scene of story that I couldn't care less about. I get it, your forming a peace treaty! great! can we move on already!? There were a lot of things in the game that just didn't need to be emphasized, and on the other hand, there were countless things that should have been explained BETTER (though, I think those things weren't explained because even the writers didn't understand what the hell they were talking about anymore, like I said, it's like they made it all up as they went along). Anyway, aside from a few slow moments were you are stuck playing messenger boy, the game keeps a decent pace and is extremely fun. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Now I'm on to one of the games I've been most excited about since the beginning, the spin off game Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology for the PSP. Now that I've experienced all the main games in the series (up to the time this game was released that is) I can't wait to meet up with all the characters I've come to know in love again as my own Unique character in the Tales world. I know it's purely a fanservice game and a dungeon crawler, so my expectations aren't high, but I've noticed if you go into these spin-off games with the right mindset they can be a lot of fun (that applies to every series of course, not just Tales). Anyway, I'm off to start up the next Tales game now (or play Dissidia, I guess I've just been in an action/rpg mood lately). See you all later Gamespot... oh and Play Tales of the Abyss... it really is good, I was just trying to point out the flaws so people are aware of them.

1) Tales of Phantasia (PSX) Score: 7.0

2) Tales of Destiny (PSX) Score: 6.0

3) Tales of Eternia aka Tales of Destiny II (PSX) Score: 8.5

4) Tales of Symphonia (NGC) Score: 8.0

5) Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) 6.5

6) Tales of Legendia (PS2) 5.0

7) Tales of the Abyss (PS2) 8.0

8) Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) Currently Playing

9) Tales of Graces F (PS3)

10) Tales of Innocence (DS)