Very soon, I will have a new member to my PC family. I was going to wait until the next nVidia series desktop cards came out and have it done all at once, but certain oppurtunities arose that made it more feasible to go ahead and do it now. Basic specs....
- Windows 7 64
- Intel Core i7-3960X (six core extreme, 15MB Cache) (o/c'able up to 4.0GHz)
- 16 GB RAM (Quad channel DDR3 at 1600MHz)
- 22" HD Flat Panel (will use it in addition to my current 24")
- 2x nVidia 1GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 555 SLI
- 2TB RAID 1+0 (4x1TB SATA 3Gb/s) 7200 RPM
- 19 in 1 Media card reader
- Dual Drives BluRay Burn, DVD+RW
- 7.1 audio
I will just use my current speaker/subwoofer set up until I order the one I've had my eye on for a while, also still using my same Razer Lycosa keyboard and Razer Naga mouse (still using Razer eXactMat hard surface with gel wrist rest, about to replace with Razer Vespula with gel wrist rest- that's essential for longer sessions). Anyone else have an idea of what you want your next PC to be?, or what would be your crazy dream-build? This is a nice build, but definately not a dream-build! No. So, what about you (given today's current technology)?
Game On :)
*For a while, I've been thinking about doing a blog about cool sites/links, I figured with us all contributing, we will all hopefully find some sites we didn't previously know about that has something helpful or interesting on it. We'll see if gs is cooperating enough to put links up first though!
- www.rpgwatch.com (can select to view site dark)
- www.techpowerup.com (GPU-Z v0.5.8 helpful :) )
- www.skinsfactory.deviantart.com (free loads of Alienware Invader skin for WMP for non ALienware users- Alienware DarkStar is nice too and can be loaded from this site).
- www.devicedriverupdate.com (Driver Detective or similar site- there are many and registry boosters/cleanups etc.).
- www.bay12games.com/dwarves/ (Free load of Dwarf Fortress- don't even bother with this one unless you like to play it old school :) It has a very dedicated following though).
- www.meodia.com (New, up and coming gaming website, check it out!).
*Anyhow, this is just a starter list, most people should already know these sites, for those who don't this will inform them, and I plan to post lists of sites off and on and welcome your input as well! *These are all sites I have been to and have had no security issues from them. If you want to visit them while logged into gs, just right click and select 'open in a new window'.