I got the game a few days before the release date. I gotta say its a nice game but i can't really call it a final fantasy game because:
- You are walking on one path its go forward of go back
- If the main party member is dead, its game over. You can retry but its annoying.
- At the end of eacht battle you don't hear the victory fanfare. ( not really relevant but its my personal opinion that they had to put it in)
- There is barely loot after a battle and you get no gill and you need it really badly to upgrade weapons and stuff.
- Upgrade system is just busted, im spending alot of gill/loot to upgrade 1 weapon and then i found one that is better and it feels totally annoying that you wasted you resources.
- No respawn of monsters so say goodbye to grinding or collecting alot of loot.
i did not finished the game yet but this is my expierience so far and im kinda dissapointed that its so limited what you can do. Maybe its gonna change later in the game but its just no fun for me :( .Im not saying its a bad game, but. all i want to say is: what where they doing all the time? Did they just put more effort in design then gameplay? is FF versus 13 going to be the same like "final fantasy 13"?