Gamescom 2019 Press Conference Schedule & News Recap
The Witcher 3 Switch Port Release Date Announced, Coming In October
@Xx_DemonSoul_xX This was really funny...oh man... Good one
@SurfaceNerd Seriously, you have 64GB of RAM? That's insane...
@Oozyrat @Rammone-X These kind of features and functionality could really steer the market and gamers towards their product. Who knows. But I think they are spot on in their direction.
Think about the games that do well (besides being about hype). Most have content that is user driven. I believe taking this approach is really best...but to be fair, I'm definitely biased
@Oozyrat @Rammone-X I agree. However, thats where variety and customization come in. You read the part of "creating some sort of stream component". That's an example of functionality that - for me, as an owner of a powerful i-7, 12GB PC - would most definitely love. If I could stream gameplay from my PC to my bedroom or instance via a Steam Machine
I am at least 90% sure Valve is a top contender with the other manufacturers (Sony, MS). If you read through this article, and the statement on their blog, you'll be able to put together the key components valve is building it's gaming "platform" on... key components that are inline with what "true" gamers want (i.e. true gamers are people who based on involuntary concensus, determine the direction and future of gaming consciously/unconsciously, just by doing what it is they love - playing games).
Check out how I understand it - I think this might be what Steam is thinking, but it's really a stretch:
(1) Create a gaming platform - Great Software + Great Hardware + Great Network & Community = Check
(2) Individual components of platform should be user driven/directed/propelled i.e. this should be true for Software, Hardware & Network/Community = Check (Something that "NO" Gaming company has ever been able to achieve)
(3) Introduce variety. Give your most important entities (Your consumers) the freedom of choice, variety, customization and ownership = Check
(4) Create a means through which different entities of your network & community can build on each other's creations (i.e. Devs release Devkits, gamers harness dev kits to make games, which increase replay value = Devs & Gamers win = Steam wins) = Check
(5) Get third party companies into the mix by releasing their own "flavored" versions of the product = check
(6) Make it "OPEN" and every part of the product (software + hardware + network) transparent.
The only other company that has done something similar in another space is Google with the Android. And we all know what happened to the Android don't we.
Now these are what Next-Gen specs for games really should be... Unlike their "counterparts" calling 8GB or RAM next gen...ridiculous.
It's official, I'd buy this 10 times over than a PS4 or Xbox One. With everything Steam is doing, this is really the icing on the cake for me.
@Gamerno6666 @Smosh150 @Rammone-X @TimberWolf_CLT @JBStone1981 It is very possible, or something went terribly wrong...
@JBStone1981 @Smosh150 @Gamerno6666 @shreddyz http://www.gamespot.com/users/JBStone1981/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-26045428
@TimberWolf_CLT @Rammone-X @JBStone1981 I agree I was making references to what he posted about GTA V and Feedbackula in his blog on here: http://www.gamespot.com/users/JBStone1981/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-26045428
@JBStone1981 Wouldn't you agree that you are being a little hypocritical?
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment