I can't take it anymore. Watching that stupid Detective Pikachu video has pushed me to my breaking point. Pokemon, what happened to you? Generations 1 and 2 were my go-to games when I was a kid. I spent hours and hours glued to my Game Boy for one purpose, to "Catch 'em All", and continue to make my Pokemon stronger. Nowadays, my Pokemon game collection is gathering dust in my bedroom. Why? Because you guys have lost your way. Whether it's the stupid Anime (Ash is still a useless POS), getting caught up in all these ridiculous spinoffs, (don't get me wrong, some of the spinoffs are good), or most importantly, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN DOING THE EXACT SAME FLIPPIN' THING FOR 20 YEARS NOW! It's getting boring. Shake up the formula a bit, Satoshi Tajiri. Here are a few suggestions on how to improve the gaming experience:
1. Cut out the Event Exclusive BS. This needs to stop, now. Not everybody feels like going into Walmart, Target, or online to Pokemon Global Link to download some stupid Mystery Gift or Pass for a limited time only. If you miss these events, you're screwed, and are forced to rely on the s**tty trading system to try and complete your Pokedex. Hardcode all of the Pokemon into the 2 or 3 games in the generation and make it so we can, you know, "CATCH 'EM ALL"!
2. Pokemon need more than 4 move slots. Wasting a move slot for an HM is one of the most annoying parts of the game, considering the fact that 90% of the HMs are garbage. Either increase the move slots, or give us maybe one extra slot specifically for HMs and maybe another slot specifically for a buff/debuff move, which brings me to my next point...
3. It wouldn't hurt to make the buff/debuff moves a tad stronger. I'm not talking about overpowering them, just have them be a little more effective during battles. It would actually increase the amount of variety and challenge, and battles would be less monotonous than just "attack, attack, attack."
4. Stop banning legendaries from participating in the Battle Frontier/Battle Tower mode. I can maybe understand having a custom option to do this in PvP to make it more fair, but in the main game, there's no excuse for this. It's a friggin' CPU trainer. Will their feelings get hurt if I use a legendary against them? You guys market the crap out of the legendaries by putting them on the covers of your games since Generation 2, and then you ban them from participating in certain events. WTF?
5. Finally, there needs to be a main console Pokemon game. This is long overdue. Whether it's on the Wii U, or the Nintendo NX, this has got to happen. This franchise has been relegated to handhelds for long enough.
What would you like to see the Pokemon series change up in their games? Feel free to voice your opinion. Magikmike39 out.