I hope you enjoy this Monthly Blog, so without further ado, my January....
Alike last time I am sorry but you will have to deal with Bullet Point form instead of a nicely laid out set of pictures for some reason my HTML or whatever isn't working and the pictures don't show very well if at all, I have a feeling things will be like this for the next few months until I have lots of time to get a game plan for this thing.
I'll start by saying because of my Exams, I really haven't bought, played or watched much at all this month. So here goes...
- None - downloaded FIFA Street 3 and The Club though
Movies & DVD's Bought:
- Scrubs series 4
- Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest: Collectors Edition: Special Packaging.
Downloaded some singles (legally!):
- Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator
- Robyn - Cobrast*le
- Eliott Minor - Still Figuring Out
- Never Let Go - Bryan Adams
Ø Camping Chair
Ø Loads of Takeaway food like Pizza & Chinese (before the point 5 of my Thoughts was even a thought lol)
Ø 0 Levels (from 24.4 to 24.64)
Ø New Emblems (1): Official Participant in 2007 Readers Choice Awards
Ø 53 new friends (up from 221)
Ø no tournaments
Ø Blogs = 2.
Ø 52 new Tags (up from 820 to 872)
Ø BEAT 5000 Forum Posts!
Ø 14th Jan played more FIFA unlocked 3 more stickers. + 19th Jan finished all Tourneys (got sticker & 45,000. Completed Challenge Mode region 3 calmly without any fails & got stickers. Up to 70%.
Ø Played Uncharted completed one more (up to 5 now) Levels on Crushing Mode.
Ø Finished off my last few races on Motorstorm which I've been gradually doing like 1 race a week for a few months.
- Little Miss Sunshine
- The Machinist
- LOTR: ROTK
- The Departed
- The Green Mile
- Hostel part I & II
- Alien vs. Predator Requiem
- The Guardian
- Spiderman 3
Savin' Me by Nickelback.
Matthew: Moral fiber. So, what is moral fiber? It's funny, I used to think it was always telling the truth, doing good deeds, basically being a f*****g boy scout. But lately I've been seeing it differently. Now I think moral fiber's about finding that one thing you really care about. That one special thing that means more to you than anything else in the world. And when you find her, you fight for her. You risk it all, you put her in front of everything, your life, all of it. And maybe the stuff you do to help her isn't so clean. You know what? It doesn't matter. Because in your heart you know, that the juice is worth the squeeze. That's what moral fiber's all about.
FROM 'THE GIRL NEXT DOOR'.
This is a new addition to my Monthly Blog in which each month will feature my favourite word for the month, this may feature as a weekly segment to my blog too so keep your eyes open. The word may be English, Welsh, Internet slang etc. So this month's word is....
I chose this largely for the reason you will see in point 5 of my 'Thoughts'. Without ambition we may just be another drone on a planet, but with ambition, we may drive each other to be better people, to be better than we can seemingly be on a day to day basis. The best way to put this simply is 'Be Someone'.
Best Moment of the Month:
The relief of knowing my Exams were finally over. I celebrated by purchasing Scrubs series 4 and Superbad: Extended Edition with Exclusive McLovin Personalised ID card! Relaxing after a time like that is always good.
At a close second place I felt really happy when I did a few things on FIFA 08 too. I managed to finish ALL of the remaining Tournaments and unlocked a sticker & 45,000 points for the Fan Shop and then proceeded to complete Challenge Mode Region 3 without ANY fails and got some really cool unlockables for that too. I know, I previously blogged that I was no longer doing that part of the game as it was literally killing me by high blood pressure etc but I did it calmly and controlled myself and it all went fine - just don't tell anyone I played challenge mode though!
Thoughts & Other Stuff
1. Well this January I had my resit exams. Resists for some of my AS exams I did last June and wasn't happy with a few of the results in one or two areas. I am usually not good at revision but in all honesty, I worked hard at it for the first time in my almost 18 year life. And I'm hoping that's reflected in the results, which I get in approximately a month and a half to 2 months, which should be a good birthday present J .
2. This is the big one here. I'll be turning 18 on the 10th March and have been unsure for some time as to how to celebrate. Lots of my friends are having huge parties at big venues, some have house parties, and some go out for meals. But I wanted something different, probably because it would be too difficult to have to choose my friends to party with, cos some will always feel left out. Anyway, my Mum had a pretty effin good idea. I just so happened to be speaking with my Boxing mates about this fight on 8th March (between Enzo Maccarinelli and David Haye) which just so happens to be on my Mum's birthday :P But anyway, she said as something special for my Birthday, she'd send myself and my 4 Boxing mates to London to go watch the fight and stay over there for a night and enjoy London! How cool is that!?
3. Rock Band. I am growing more & more impatient here now as the Euro release is apparently in Q1 of 2008 but no specifics have really been released. I heard that it may be 6th March, which again would be a great time as I'm sure it would be a nice present from me to me! Haha.
4. Got hit our car hit by another on Saturday 19th. I had to go hospital just to be checked, nothing broken obviously but I have tissue damage to my neck & back. The guy admitted he was looking at his SatNav like a bloody idiot, those things cause more trouble than actually helping people. But I suppose it's all good though as our car is scratch less and his is now all deformed. **** you SatNav inventors!
5. The MAGIC number five. I thought I'd put this as my final thought for the month, career. I've thought long and hard over the past few years of ideas for a career. After all, ill soon be turning 18, finishing my A Level exams and be thrown out into the world with pretty much nothing. So a considerable amount of thought was needed when thinking about what could literally be my entire world for the next 40something years. Over time I've juggled with the ideas of Barrister, Teacher, Musician, Boxer (wtf? :P), Game reviewer, Movie Reviewer, Scriptwriter & Film Director, Band Manager, Security guard and now I think I've settled on one. The Royal Navy. Looking into it I'm going to have a few tests on numeracy, literacy, physical examination etc but after that it all seems like plain sailing (pardon the pun). That's not to say it will be easy as that's not what im going for, I want to be challenged, excited, and disciplined. Kinda like what I look for in my games. The areas I've researched sound ideal to me and the £££ was irrelevant in my decision although looking futher into that it sounds beautiful... good wages, no rent to pay nor food, and a Full pension at the age of when I would be 38, who can complain? Like I said, im seeking a challenge, but an enjoyable one. I have a good sense of Nationalism in me too, I'm proud of my country and I think this sounds like a good thing not only for me, but for everyone J What do you think? Comments on this are extremely appreciated. Cheers :D
6. I went down to Ninian Park to watch Cardiff City play QPR in the Coca Cola Championship (Soccer League). It was cool as i hadn't been to a match in nearly two months. We won 3-1 with two goals by my fave City player Joe Ledley (a Welsh International) and then one in the second half for us by Paul Parry. Was good fun and now my old man is convinced to go watch some more with me and is buying tickets to the 5th Round of the FA Cup vs Wolves. So that should be a cool thing if i add that to my next Monthly Blog.
Speaking of which, it should be quite an eventful one, although i'm not too sure about the purchases as of yet, but look forward to some good stuff!
Another thought would obviously be my last Blog post - "People Only seem to care when it's too late" so check that out if you feel like it too.
Possible Purchases/Things I considered & Nearly Bought:
Ø Well I looked into a list of games that are coming out this year and I intend to at least Pre-Order them all when available:
Ø Rock Band
Ø Grand Theft Auto IV
Ø Metal Gear Solid 4
Ø EyeToy: Eyedentify
Ø Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
Ø Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Ø STILL Want: A new shirt (one for parties & birthdays & stuff) from River Island.
Ø Album: Robyn by Robyn
Ø Alien Quadrilogy: Alien Head Limited Edition Box Set (9 Discs)
That's All Folks!
Thank you all for taking time to read my Monthly Blog, I hope you enjoyed reading about the uneventful events in my life :P
Comments are, as usual, appreciated and shall be reciprocated (returned), so until next month... That's All Folk's!
Oh and why not check out my Friend's Monthly Blogs too...