This website! OH MAN. I was here all the time a few years ago (around the time Mass Effect 1 was out judging by my user icon). Posting on forums, being in unions, making sigs and banners (sweet Aston Martin, younger self! and I still think Adriana Lima is the prettiest lady on Earth!) and user icons (that Mass Effect gif is the best gif I have ever made... I remember I shot it with my camcorder before editing it in ImageReady. ImageReady! THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE) and bladebla... but then I fell out of love with the site and used it less and less. Then the firing of Jeff Gerstmann happened, and there was going to be a new site with all of my favorite guys from GameSpot. So I left you guys! I just pulled the plug!
I don't regret it at all. I am not saying GameSpot is bad, but my views on participating in gaming communities have changed. I still love games, but discussing them to death and dealing with people who don't understand that games are subjective and supposed to make you happy got tiring. So I used GiantBomb for their awesome video content and only occasionally browsed the forums on that site. And now that GiantBomb moved into the same offices as GameSpot and are offering free Total Access membership upgrades for their premium users who also have GameSpot accounts (i.e. me), I am back! Will I participate in forums and unions like I did earlier? No, I don't want that at all. But I will try to check out the video content on GameSpot and check my inbox (WHICH HAD 175 NEW MESSAGES - I deleted all of them) or any comments I receive on this here blog post.
Oh what's that? You really like me and want to see what I do in Internet land? Glad you asked!
- Twitter - I post random things. Sometimes it's about games. Sometimes it's about how Time Enough for Love is my favorite book.
- Tumblr - I use this site the most. My "blog" is a random assortment of reblogs of things I like, so not a lot of original content or ranting. Expect a lot of cats and DailyGrace.
- Facebook - Yes, my real name is Mikael. Benny is a pseudonym I took in 2004 after the movie "Kopps" came out, starring the lovable cop Benny. And no, I don't value my privacy!
- YouTube - This is actually about games. I occasionally record stuff with my Hauppauge (not CoD commentaries, mind you) and put it on there.
- Steam - I play PC games sometimes.
- Xbox Live - I still play Xbox too much.
*Looks at watchless wrist* Oh, time for me to go!
EDIT: This upgrade thing doesn't seem to be working right, but apparently it only removes ads? Is that really all Total Access does?