1) They need to make larger cards (I'm pretty sure they can go up to 1gb)
2) Although I think the current games are (for the most part) great, they need to make more mature titiles (FPS?)
3) Upgradeable filmware, maybe at the Download stations that they seem to have everywhere...
4) Virtual consol with the filmware^
5) Please add your suggestionsCramer8775
Okay, what is there to say.....
1. The largest cartridge size is 128 Megabytes, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. There are rumors from IGN that state that Nintendo is CONSIDERING using 256 and 512 Megabyte cartridges, but it will require some Development Kit upgrades because they DK's only write up to 128 Megs.
2. Mature games will not likely happen because the token "Mature" games which is Resident Evil sold like crap and the sales of games to a younger market shows that there the money could be made for games under the M rating.
3. Upgradable firmware, not going to happen. The DS Firmware can't be updated. You want proof, just look at the piracy on the DS that uses a GBA exploit. It could all be stopped in 10 seconds if they updated firmware.
4. Virtual Console, good luck with that seeing as the DS has 4 MEGABYTES of main RAM which means that anything above NES can't be added.