My E3 2009 predictions.
From Sony, I think we'll see
1. No price drop announcement for the PS3 from Sony. Whilst I believe they really should drop that bottom price point, particularly in today's economy, and with the new 45nm chip out, I just am going to remain cautiously skeptical about them dropping the price at E3. I hope they do, but I just have a feeling they will fail to impress on this front, yet again.
2. Team ICO will announce their new game. An RPG losely based on the ICO/SOTC universe, but it will be a more mainstream JRPG with that special Team ICO touch. We might even see a small CG/in-game teaser/trailer.
3. Rockstar will announce their new PS3 exclusive title. what it will be is anyone's guess.
4. Sony reveals the PSP2.
5. new FF vs. XIII trailer, this time with voices, and possibly even in english.
6. new GOWIII in-game footage
7. White Knight Chronicles update
8. A new exclusive IP from a smaller studio that will take the audience by surprise. Much like how Media Molecule did with LBP.
9. A large third party developer will come out with a new IP, possibly PS3 exclusive, that will get the hype machine rolling.
10. Possible showing by Eat Sleep Play on their new game (but not likely)
On to Microsoft, we'll see
1. Alan Wake, in game footage.
2. An exclusive from Konami. It won't be Metal Gear related, but it will still look rather promising.
3. In-game playthrough, and/or footage of Halo 3: ODST
4. A slew of new XBLA titles, some look very promising.
5. Downloadable Xbox originals off XBL.
6. A lot of boasting about their efforts in Japan, including showings of Star Ocean, Final Fantasy XIII, and a few other Japan-targeted games.
7. a glimpse of a game based on one of their most popular franchises, one that will have the audience extremely excited.
8. more talk of exclusive DLC for a few multiplatform games coming out.
9. they are going to showcase their casual library, and announce a new Viva Pinata game, along with a new IP which will be aimed around the user created content, to combat LittleBigPlanet.
10. And their big announcement will be either the new motion-sensing camera, which will likely be directed at a more casual audience, OR it will be a new portable handheld Xbox.
As for Nintendo.
1. New Pikmin
2. New Mario game
3. New Zelda Game
4. Red Steel 2 gameplay
5. a new non-game aimed at casuals, the likes of Wii Fit, including a new perefferal.
6. A new game that uses the balance board.
7. A update to the online, possibly an entire makeover.
8. nothing really spectacular, and the showing will be rather lackluster.
9. Untill, that is, they anounce the next Wii! They won't go into too many details, but the basiscs will be, Hi-Def, HDD, but it will still retain a motion control scheme. Possibly they will base it around the whole 3D aspect.
10. A new DSI game that will get people talking.
Bethesda announces Fallout 3 DLC for the PS3.
Microsoft announces a new Fusion Frenzy game
Sony shows they've flexed the money muscle with a slew of exclusive third party support.
FFXIII and vs. XIII in game footage, and playable demos.
COD modern warfare 2 gameplay footage
(this ones an extreme reach) Team ICO's new game is actually a SOTC remake, with all the old Colossi redone, with new ways of fighting them, and a slew of new colossi.
anyway, those are my guesses. Most of them are just things I pulled out of my assassin's creed, but a few of them are strong hunches and/or educated guesses, with a few probable guesses. We'll see how I fare when all is said and done.
Lets hope for the best E3 ever!