Before Halo, Half-life and Turok there was powerslave

User Rating: 8 | PowerSlave PS
I never liked long dark hallways.
I never liked long dark hallways.

Gotta love that art cover. The truth is that Powerslave is one of my most beloved games, not just for the atmosphere, the triumphant rising from beginning to end or the haunting score, but for how fun it is, it just happens to be one of the funnest most enjoyable times I have ever had playing a game, despite how difficult it is. A few things I would like to mention are the innovations, first off, before Turok, Half-life and dues ex there were no first person shooters to feature under water swimming other than Powerslave and before Metroid Prime there were no first person shooters that required you go around collecting items to help you progress further and unlock areas previously unavailable to the player other than Powerslave and before halo, half-life and turok there were no first person shooters that had platforms that moved in all directions, up, down, left and right, that kinda thing didn't exist in a first person shooter before Powerslave, at least to my knowledge that is (not to mention the option of an alternate ending and the ability to go back and forth between levels in order to progress further into the game was something that you didn't get in games back than). Overall an outstanding game (that if not for a broken second half) would probably have been more remembered.

Those graphics and textures still look good today.
Those graphics and textures still look good today.