There is nothing special about Pokemon Stadium, however it is still a fun game, here's why...

User Rating: 7.5 | Pocket Monsters Stadium 2 (Japan) N64
Pokemon Stadium is always brought up as an RPG (role-playing game) which it most certainly is not. Pokemon Stadium is a strategy game and knowing what Pokemon to use in battle will lead you to victory. I found Pokemon Stadium to be a generic turn-based strategy game, and that there was nothing really special about the game. You have a "stadium" mode to battle against other trainers, there are different difficulty levels through cups, I believe it's: Poke Ball, Semi-Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball (Somehow, my confidence on "Semi-ball" is pretty low). Anyway, what is impressive is the amount of Pokemon available and how lifelike they actually look. I believe this is the first-generation Pokemon; It's been a long, long time since I watched and played Pokemon. After you've "beaten" the stadium mode; you can move on to the Gym Leaders. This is a more difficult mode; so be prepared to train a lot and understand different tactics before going into this mode. However, the rewards are more significant and worth it. The ugly of this game, is the Mini-games mode; I am not a fan, some people may be. Most of these mini-games are based on heavy-button mashers and quite honestly gets boring quite easily. I guess this is the place to go if you get extremely frustrated with the other modes. One more thing to bring up, is the game-boy transfer system. This is the main attraction that lures gamers in, and is perhaps the only reason as to why to buy this game; Bring a game-boy and transfer your Pokemon from your game-boy onto the Nintendo 64. It is a great premise, and an ideal mode that blows your mind for you beloved fans to the series. Overall, if you're willing to put time and effort into the "rental" pokemon; go straight ahead. For people who have game-boys and are ready to train them for the N64 version, an even better way to play. Hope you enjoyed the review. There will be more to come.