It's a game for Pokemon fans.

User Rating: 6 | Pokemon Ranger DS
Pokemon Ranger is a new game based around the Pokemon universe. Instead of playing as a Pokemon trainer, this time around you play as a Pokemon ranger. A Pokemon ranger's job is to help protect pokemon. They don't collect them like trainers do, but they can use their abilities to over come obstacles. This already may sound like an interesting game and it is. If you're a Pokemon fan, it is. This game is dedicated in doing two things. Pleasing the Pokemon fanatics and keeping everybody happy until the next big game like the Mystery Dungeons series comes out. In no way, shape , or form, is this anywhere near as good a game as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and even the Mystery Dungeon games. I mean, it's a good concept, but it lacks any originality in the game play. The missions at first are fun, but after a while, you start to see a repeat in objectives and then it just gets boring. You do the same thing each time in order to complete your objective and then when you do finish, you have to do it all over again. It's just not worth it. The visuals are okay and the music is the typical Pokemon themes. I recommend this game to all die hard fans of Pokemon and even to kids ages 5 to 9. If, you're like me and you hate repetitive game play, then this is not the game for you.