Start with older persona's or just right into 4?

Avatar image for EricOwnsY_basic
#1 Posted by EricOwnsY_basic (407 posts) -

Im new to the persona series.. SHould i start with the first one on PSP or 

just get Persona 4 for vita without having played any previous ones?

#2 Posted by NeoJ4K3 (281 posts) -

I did, and I am loving every second.  slow start but keep at it, it is an amazing game.

#3 Posted by GabranthXIII (996 posts) -

You don't have to play other games in order to understand this, it's your choice.

#4 Posted by thatguy2001 (247 posts) -

I've never played a Persona game before this one. I gotta say, this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I just loved every second of it. It just sucks you right in.

#5 Posted by flowersjf (2856 posts) -

I did, and I am loving every second.  slow start but keep at it, it is an amazing game.

NeoJ4K3
Agreed, it takes quite a while before you can free roam but once it does, the game opens up and it becomes extremely enjoyable.
#6 Posted by Warmijwilf (25 posts) -

Im new to the persona series.. SHould i start with the first one on PSP or 

just get Persona 4 for vita without having played any previous ones?

EricOwnsY_basic

If anything, play in the following order: 4 -> 3 -> 1 -> 2 (Innocent Sin -> Eternal Punishment)

4 is DEFINITELY the best to start with. I tried getting into the series by starting with the first, and I only played 10/20 minutes of it. It really doesn't grab your attention, whereas 4 does. Not that 4 is "better" than the others, they're all equally good IMO (well, other than the first, which is a tad awful, but kinda necessary to the plot of 2) just the others really aren't welcoming. Which they should be, really.

#7 Posted by varunvikram1 (289 posts) -

if u like 4 try 3 leave the rest you wont like it