Character Balancing: Just a General Discussion

#1 Posted by sora_heart (1082 posts) -

I just made this post really to hear if anyone has any issues with the character balancing as of now. I know it's early, but I thought it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on the matter. Personally, the only character I have gone up against that have found to be "cheap" is Elizabeth, but I am not very good at the game and I play as Kanji... so that may contribute to my problem xD. Anyone else have anything to add?

#2 Posted by RuinPainting (455 posts) -
Playing against Naoto with a physical character often leads me to a quick death. Nearly all of his attacks (I haven't played her yet) are ranged, which makes it difficult unless you can get in close.
#3 Posted by MysterLocke (78 posts) -

Elizebeth is easily one of the cheapest characters in fighting game history. No seriously, even worse then Ken or Sagat. So anytime you see someone else using her prepare to lose or have a tough fight. She is easy to set off combos and deals too much damage as it is.

This one character pretty much breaks the game. 

#4 Posted by sora_heart (1082 posts) -

Playing against Naoto with a physical character often leads me to a quick death. Nearly all of his attacks (I haven't played her yet) are ranged, which makes it difficult unless you can get in close.RuinPainting

You know, I was the same way the one time I played against her and tried her out myself. She is definatly and range and trap charater, but that just isn't my style. She is really fragile though and doesn't really have all that many opition for getting people out when there in.

Earlier today, I played against a Teddy player who was really good, although I found it hilarous that he was ranked a B+ and I was only ranked a D at the time xD

#5 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
It seems pretty well balanced overall. As an Akihiko player the only problem I have is the match up against Kanji. It's almost impossible if the Kanji player knows what he's doing.