Easy to pick up and play.

User Rating: 9 | OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast PSP
Gameplay: 9
The gameplay is the same as it has always been; drifting round corners at high speeds in Ferraris. This simple formula along with the easy controls (basically X for forward, analogue or D-Pad to turn and square to get the car into a drift) makes this a great game to just pick up and play, a type of game the PSP needs more of. The whole game feels so smooth, but fast at the same time. There are plenty of Ferraris to choose from which you will get by getting "Outrun Miles" from all of Outrun's modes. With Outrun Miles you can also purchase, car colours, more BGM, new tracks and modes aswell as the cars themselves. There are a lot of modes to try, both from Outrun 2sp and Outrun Coast 2 Coast. Every single one of them great fun, my personal favourite being the Heart Attack mode. This mode really tests your skills as you avoid meteors falling from the sky, avoid traffic, drift, you name it; you'll most probably get to do it.

Graphics: 10
These graphics are absolutely stunning! The lighting effects on the cars are just superb and it really makes the sexy Ferraris even sexier! The scenery is just as gorgeous, you get all sorts of things going on, from a city at night with fireworks going off in the night sky, to hot air balloons up in the sunny, blue sky. It really does look astonishing. What helps even more to make the scenery even nicer is the frame rate. It keeps steady all the time and just makes adds to the smooth feel of the game.

Sound: 8
The BGM in this game is great; it really suits the style of the game. They're a mix of soothing ness and jumpiness, which is perfect for the fast paced, but smooth flowing style of the game. What lets the sound down a bit for me is that whenever you pass one of your rival racers, all you hear is a cheesy racing "zoom", which for this game works okay, but they could of done better. The cars also sound exactly the same, although they do all sound good… so it's not all that bad. But once again could have been improved.

Value: 9
If you are looking for good value in a game, this is close to the best you can get. It is basically two games in one, but not like the usual rubbish and boring two games in one, they are two very good games, merged together, to make an absolutely brilliant game. You get all the modes from Outrun 2sp aswell as new modes for Outrun Coast 2 Coast. Admittedly they have re-used an awful lot of bits from Outrun 2sp, but as the old saying goes "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" One thing that I found annoying, was that the Ferrari F430 can only be unlocked if you have the PS2 version of the game, which cheesed me off a bit since that was my favourite car. This does show a bit that Sega didn't think this game would sell all that well and wanted people who have the PSP version to get the PS2 version aswell.

Re-Play Ability: 8
I'm doing this instead of tilt because I haven't a clue what tilt is. So the re-play ability, while it has lots of ingredients that make it great to play over and over such as the simple ness of the game, it just doesn't make you want to play it over and over. I'm not sure what it is; it just doesn't have that special something that makes games so great to just keep playing.

Overall I think this is a great game for any car enthusiast and gamer alike. And with it's easy going, pick up and play style, it makes a great addition to the PSP games line up. I would recommend this game to absolutely everyone who has the slightest interest in gaming.