Good arcade racer at a GREAT price!

User Rating: 8 | OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast PSP
This game is for any and all of you mature games out there who remember the OutRun series in all it's arcade racing glory!

This game is all about he powerslide and slipstreaming! Even more than Ridge Racer. It specaializes in, and is know for it's full ensamble of Ferrari cars to choose from.

It is difficult to classify this game to anyone who is sitting on the fence because it is simply a TRUE arcade racer, right down to the checkpoints. If you are the type that likes to shell our quarters at the local arcade in games like Crusin USA and OutRun you will be right at home! Those of you looking for a more realistic experience please look elsewhere. The closest thing to compare this to on the PSP right now would be Burnout and I actually like this game a little more that Burnout. Although burnout has sensational crash mechanics and damage modeling, OutRun just feels funner to me. It reeks of the good old arcade days I grew up with! I feel the speed and enjoy the antics of the game ... namely your girlfriends who rule over you throughout the game!

Graphics: 8/10 - Nothing special, yet nothing lacking. Excellent sense of speed and one word ... FERRARI's! Lot's of ferrari's in all shapes and colors! This game looks like they plucked it out of the arcade and plopped it into your PSP!

Sound: 5/10 - A little too old school for my taste! I like the SFX but was forced to shut the music off completely because it felt like fingernails on a chalkboard after only a few races!

Value: 8/10 - Lots of unlockables! From cars to tracks to paint! Keeps you going to see your Spider in Black! Not a game to lock into your PSP for long periods, but, would definately be one to pop in on a regular baasis!

All-in-all, if you are looking for a good nostalgic, throw-back arcade racer, look no further. However, as mentioned above, if you are looking for the next Gran Torismo PSP or another NFS, please look elsewhere because this game is all about powersliding, non-realistic arcade driving excitement! DRIFT ON!