Great fun and no-brainer gameplay makes OutRun 2006: C2C a must play for those who grew up playing Arcades.

User Rating: 8.4 | OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast XBOX
I was introduced to the Outrun franchise before it was a franchise. I owned a Sega Master System back in a time when Nintendo ruled all things related to Videogames. What drove me towards the underdog Sega System was a no brainer, Sega's games! Sega had a special kind of magic when it came to action and arcade titles, and all the Sega Systems had the benefit of that.

Flash forward to 2006 and with Sega making games for everyone and their mother, it is my pleasure to play a game that takes me back to a time when racing games were just plain fun. No worries about the tire pressure, weight or mod-kits here folks, just plain old-style arcade goodness in your home.

For those who are expecting comparisons between OutRun 2 and this version, check out someone else's review, this is the first time I picked up an OutRun game since the Master System version, but for what I've seen so far, the game is excellent for a quick race or two.

This game is playable over Xbox Live (good luck finding people to play with now) but is great as a single player experience with multiple endings just like its predecessor. I have not played this game on Live, to me that's added value and it's not reflected on my review.

The game starts you off with two cars to choose from, with plenty more becoming unlockable as you progress. There's also unlockable songs with some of them being remixes of your favorite OutRun SegaPop songs. There's plenty of challenge modes and things to do so I think Sega wanted to address some concerns people might've had with OutRun 2.

This game is just fun, it plays smoothly and there's plenty of different races to keep you interested in the game for a couple of days, maybe weeks depending on your gaming habits. For an old gamer like me, this game is a great deal since I don't have to dedicate a lot of time playing it to get some enjoyment out of it. When it comes to instant gratification, OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast delivers.