I was awesome at NHL 12, but **** at 13. I HATE THIS GAME!

#1 Posted by coop3422 (402 posts) -

I'm very close to throwing this game away at playing NHL 12 for another year. My online record was about 150-40 or so, with a very low DNF, I think around 5%. I was simply great in all facets of the game, offense, cycle, d, I was solid. 

I bought NHL 13 on Wednesday. My online record is 1-4, I can barely score, and I have 2 loss to my buddy who I usually beat 70% of the time, and I had 0 goals in the 2 games.

Anyone else prefer 12? 13 feels like my guys are standing in quick sand, my d gets blown past all the time, the ai doesn't feel any smarter. I have it set to crash the net, I'm holding the puck but none of my guys go to the net, one timers seem impossible, ai lets passes go right past them. For someone who could easily win in NHL 12, this game doesn't even feel like the same franchise. My buddy said he preferred 12 as well.

Am I alone? Anyone else feel this way? Do I need to keep getting my ass kicked online to get the hang of it. People are raving about the new skating, I **** hate it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just incredibly frustrated and read to break the disc and go back to a game that's a year old.

#2 Posted by JohnVonVaughn (25 posts) -
To be honest I have owned every NHL offering sense NHLPA Hockey (93 I believe) and I can tell you that you'll find from year to year as they tweak the product you will find you enjoy some years more than others. I loved 94 and was not crazy about 95 96 97, loved 98, 2008 ect. It might not be so much that 2013 is bad, rather that you liked 2012 so much that it will take a few years before that which you enjoyed about 12 is reinserted into the game in conjunction with the new additions from 13 and 14 and so on.
#4 Posted by WoZe (53 posts) -
No, you're not alone. I'm kicking myself for selling my copy of NHL12 last month. They changed the gameplay way too much in 13 I am about to return it and just buy FIFA13 when it comes out. My biggest problem with 13 is the players just feel slower. Turning is a pain in the ass and slow, handling my defensemen in my own zone feels like I'm controlling a ball moving back and forth between two hills and I'm trying to get it to stay in the middle - translation: I move my player left and he moves too far to the left causing players to move right past me and score. I really hate this years edition and if they continue down this path I will skip out on next years edition. Bad bad game very bad.
#5 Posted by Prisonofhope (152 posts) -

So you guys are mad that they finally made a realistic hockey game?

#6 Posted by JohnVonVaughn (25 posts) -
I like it, already have played it more than 12
#7 Posted by coop3422 (402 posts) -

Prisonofhope

quick defensemen who feel like they're standing in quick sand isn't very realistic in my eyes. I've put more games in just trying to get used to it, but I still think 12 is more enjoyable hands down. I really wish I had downloaded the demo first, if I did I probably would have skipped this title, even with my fav player on the cover.

#8 Posted by Prisonofhope (152 posts) -

Quick in terms of what? I can usually catch most fowards on breakaways and im only at a 62

#9 Posted by meltedbanana44 (54 posts) -

All people wanna do is complain about how "bad" this game is.... maybe you all are the ones who are bad, I have been playing since 02 and have been great at every verson no matter what the changes. Its called adapting, you can do all the same stuff as 12 and more and if you cant play it enjoy nhl arcade i think thats more your style

#10 Posted by The-Apostle (12195 posts) -
Last game I played was 11. This game is awesome.
Avatar image for theexperience13
#11 Posted by theexperience13 (239 posts) -

Prisonofhope

Thats all I have to say to people who say this game sucks. People who dont like this game obviously prefer a more arcade-style game like 12 with its crappy goalies that let every curl n drag from the top of the circle go in