FPS problems with Windows 8?

#1 Posted by MasterBrief (56 posts) -

Been having a ton of problems with FPS drops in the game Im running Windows 8 I have read around that it has lots of problems with Windows 7 and there was a work around for NVIDIA card users just wondering if anyone has any help I haven't found any I did drop the settings and that helped a bit to where it is playable usually from 19-30 most of the time around 22.

#2 Posted by jasonkdt (19 posts) -

I have the same issue on Windows 8. On 10 it doesn't work at all.

#4 Posted by tonystz (9 posts) -

Trying to run old games on modern PCs is like putting a 1970's carburator on a modern day F1 car.... If you like older games the best thing you can do is find an old PC (or parts and build it yourself). People throw a lot of old stuff away and you can get a lot of perfectly working parts for free. Neverwinter Nights is certainly one of the games worth such an effort.

#5 Posted by joshjadd (7 posts) -

The same FPS problem along with weird graphical artifacts is common on all modern systems that come with advanced video cards. If dropping the settings to the minimum doesn't work, probably nothing will. You minght try finding a graphics patch but even that might not help a lot.

#6 Posted by andrewkammzer (7 posts) -

It shouldn't come as a surprise considering the fact that this game is a decade and a half old.