Need for Speed Underground 2 is a game that will, eventually, grow on you!
Need for Speed Underground 2 has the predecessor of it as a template, and works from there. There is no story-line to it, you never see your character (but I think that that is a good thing because you can then imagine you as the cool guy in the car).
So, with that out of the way, lets get to the best bits of this game:
1. The racing cars look sharp and very close to the actual product.
2. You don't see your character, but then again that means that you can pretend that the cool-but-calm guy behind the wheel of a pimped-up car that you (probably) won't own is actually you!
3. The online gameplay is smooth, and fun as well as the fact that there is hardly anything that has changed (both in the free-roaming and racing modes), which means you can challenge your friends in races in races or mini-games like 'Outrun' (which is where you come up behind another racer and press the up arrow on your directional pad to begin the 'Outrun' challenge, or you can drive round whilst either following your friends, or taking the more independent route.
4. The secret shops and money rewards are very helpful if your ever, for some reason, in a bit of a tight spot!
5. When you work and work and work to gain money to buy something you want, it makes you feel as if you've achieved something in your racing life (which is always good)!
6. Your SMS (text messages) system easily allows you to look at any updates or new cars, performances boosts, or any new parts for your car! (This system is optional).
Now, unfortunately, there are SOME bad bits to this racing game! So, lets make this quick and get it out of the way:
1. When you crash, even though you don't ever (if your right-minded) like the look or sound of a (once beautiful and speedy ride) has been half-demolished, but it does give the game a sense of some realism, which this game doesn't have in that particular aspect!
2. When your in a 'Drift' race (where you don't win by coming in first, though you do get more 'Reputation Points' which help do you win the support of different, and, perhaps, better paying, sponsors, but by earning more points than other racers by turning corners and handbraking for as long as possible, but DON'T ever, EVER hit an obstacle of any kind because if you do, you will lose all the points that you have gained from that corner will be lost) it is very frustrating when you have earned a lot of points which could make a massive to the final results, but then you just tap a wall and lose all of your points!
(I WILL finish this review soon)!!