Should I buy this If I already own/play 2012?

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
#1 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I love college football, the last version of I bought was NCAA 2012. Has the series upgraded enough since then for me to pick up 2014 or should I pass on it?

For those that have played both 2012 and this year's verison, what has improved & what is new?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by ksteward84 (66 posts) -

I jumped from 12 to 14, the game looks much more polished than 12, the option and running game have both been refurbished very well, players now have a limited amount of sprint in them. it was worth my money, I would buy It again if I had a do-over. also, since this is the last official "NCAA" game from EA, there's no "wait until next year." Presentation looks GREAT with a ticker at the bottom of other games (dynasty mode) and a deeper feel in overall audio.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
#3 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I jumped from 12 to 14, the game looks much more polished than 12, the option and running game have both been refurbished very well, players now have a limited amount of sprint in them. it was worth my money, I would buy It again if I had a do-over. also, since this is the last official "NCAA" game from EA, there's no "wait until next year." Presentation looks GREAT with a ticker at the bottom of other games (dynasty mode) and a deeper feel in overall audio.

ksteward84

Thanks for your input! Its tough to tell from reviews how the game has advanced from older versions since they seem to focus on the on the difference from the previous years version! 

#4 Posted by blkgto (802 posts) -

I think it's a more than worthwhile entry to the series.  I hadn't played one since 2010, and the physics engine is a welcome addition to the game.  I think Tom Mc Shea did a horrible job of reviewing the game.  I wouldn't take it at face value. 

#5 Posted by Thesuperstar2k (372 posts) -
If you played the game as last year than no.