This game is sick... are you kidding me

User Rating: 9.2 | NBA Street V3 PS2
I am 32 years old. I grew up in the days when NBA live and NBA jam were the way to go as far as basketball games go. I have tried other games since then including some of the newer released games such as college hoops 2K series. I have never even given these street basketball games a look until I finally decided to pick this game up today as I found it new for $10 bucks at Blockbuster. My thought was well it probably wont serve my liking as I am more into simulation type sports games. WRONG!!! I have played this game for a total of thirty minutes. My jaw just dropped to the floor. How in the world can this game be better than the big boy games out there??? well let me to tell you it is. First off I actually feel like I am controlling the player with ball. The graphics in this game look like almost that of a 360 game. I keep telling myself how can I like this game I am not 12 years old. I am just amazed. I mean how come they cant incorporate this type of control into a simulation game. To be honest I feel like I am playing a next gen game on my PS2. Its like a took a step in the future of basketball games. Why should I drop $60 bucks on a sim game that does not give me the control a player the way this game does. Yes I am sure over time this game will overstay its welcome but for right now I have never played a better basketball game sim or arcade. For the life of me I cant understand why some of the controls and features of this game cant be incorporated in a 5 on 5 sim game minus the arcady style of moves that you wont see in a sim game. My hats off to this game. This is the first game I played in long time that made my stop for a moment and say is this a PS2 I am playing this on!!!. I just cant beleive what I have been missing. Basketball is fun again. Get this game if you have never attempted an arcade basketball game because if you take the X's and o's away you will see what the future holds for a real basketball experience.