It's just like playing basketball, except without all of the sweat and running around....

User Rating: 8 | NBA 2K6 X360
I've always liked basketball games, even though I haven't always followed the sport. It's weird, but I have just always found them fun. So, when I was hunting around my local video game store and stumbled across NBA 2K6 for an extremely discounted price, I thought to myself 'Why not?' and bought it. And haven't regretted it one bit.

Firstly, the graphic are amazing. With character's sweating as games progress, with sweat eventually showing up on the back of singlets and around shorts, they are incredibly life like.

The game play is a lot of fun, too. While it may mostly play like every other basketball game you have ever played, a few things have been changed to make this game feel different than all of the other Basketball titles out there.

The use of the right analog stick as a shooting and defending stick is a lot of fun, and works surprisingly well. Getting the hang of free throws was hard for me (but frustratingly easy for a friend!), but is still a lot more rewarding then just pressing a button. Even when you miss.

The game modes are fun, too. With season mode, a single player 'Street' mode, where you create your own character from scratch and try to work your way up to the big leagues and just your standard exhibition matches give this game a rewarding longevity.

Also, if you are so inclined, the addition of 'Crib Points' to unlock various items in the game is nice for those obsessive players who need to have everything. That's if collecting everyone's signature shoes is your cup of tea.

The only real gripe I have with this game is the lack of achievements, and the fact that the few that are there are easy to get, and worth a lot of points. It is a small complaint, but every game needs one.

Of course, like most sporting titles, you'll get the most out of this with a friend, but single player is still a lot of fun, too, and at a discounted price, this game is hard to pass up.