Which classic teams do you want added?

#1 Posted by FPS1337 (2519 posts) -

This is a question that I'm sure has already been asked, but I want to share which teams I want, and see what other people think. I'm gonna try not to add too many teams and make it reasonable. I also mainly would like to see a lot more 2000 teams. 2K has got the 2002 Kings and 2001 Sixers, so that's a start. Also I don't want to have too many teams that are way too similar. For example I don't feel there's too much of a need to have all of Jordan's championship teams. I think the best team of each 3 peat would suffice. Also the list is in no specific order I just added teams that popped into my head.

1. Replace 97-98 Lakers with 99-00 or 00-01 Championship Lakers.

I feel having both would be unecessary, but its obvious the 2001 and 2000 Lakers were just a better team than the 98 Lakers. They had Phil Jackson coaching, a young Kobe becoming a superstar, and Shaq in his prime. Its one of the best duo's in NBA history and they were absolutely dominant these years. In 98 they were good, but not nearly as good as the 2000 or 2001 Lakers.

2. Add 92-93 Suns

Not sure why this team hasn't been added yet. Now that 2K has managed to get Barkley in the game for the Dream Team, why not add him for his near championship Suns team, the year he also got his MVP award. Personally this team I think was the best team to face Jordan's Bulls in the NBA finals. You've got a Barkley who is in his prime, a KJ who had been coming off several 20 PPG and 10 APG years and has cemented himself as an all star, Dan Majerle, Kurt Rambis, Danny Ainge and Cedric Ceballos. This team is a must add immediately.

3. Add 97-98 Pacers

This is the team that was the closest to ever defeating Jordan's Bulls after the first championship. The team was the only team to take them to a decisive game 7 and had the lead with only 2 minutes left. Although Reggie Miller will always be recognized as the face of this team, he had plenty of help. Rik Smits was a great scorer down low, an aging Chris Mullin could still bomb it from down town, Mark Jackson was an excellent passer and you had a young Jalen Rose and Anotonio Davis as well. This team definitely deserves some respect and should be playable in 2K14.

4. Add 03-04 Championship Pistons

The Pistons team that completely embarassed the superstar Lakers with the likes of Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Lets look at the resume of these players. Well Payton is a top 10 all time NBA PG for sure, Karl Malone is a top 2 all time NBA PF, Kobe is the next best SG to Michael Jordan, and Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time and arguably the best center of all time (depends on where you rank him next to Russell, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar and Olajuwon, but he's certainly up there). Now these Pistons are considered one of the few championship teams to not have a true superstar. Not only were these Pistons heavy underdogs, but they destroyed the Lakers in 5 games. With top notch defense, and an overall great team game, these Pistons cemented themselves as one of the most well balanced starting lineups in NBA history. This team deserves a ton of respect, please add them 2K.

5. Add 07-08 Championship Celtics

Since the Big 3 Celtics have finally completely broken up, it would be nice to see this team in there. The first year of the big 3 was a great one, and the only year they managed to get a championship. Don't let Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen trick you into thinking the team was all them, the team round them fit them well. Rondo was young and not nearly the player he is today, but he still was a great passer and shut down defender. Kendrick Perkins also wasn't a complete plug back then and was actually one of the best post defenders in the league, and they also had Tony Allen to shut down the perimeter. Lets not forget, this is where we first got exposed to the greatness that is Scalabrine.

6. Add 06-07 Phoenix Suns

Now I may be a bit bias cause I was a huge Suns fan, but this Suns team deserved the championship that year like the 02 Kings did in 2002. Now the Suns sadly lost hard fought series against the Duncan Spurs. The game that really changed the series was game 3. Some say it was rigged, but honestly I think it was just horrible reffing. There were so many bad calls, and the suspensions of Diaw and Stoudemire really changed the series. Nash had just come off an amazing season, narrowly missing out on his 3rd straight MVP to Dirk. Although he didn't get the MVP, it was likely his best season. He averaged nearly a career high in PPG missing it by just 0.2 (18.6 PPG), a career high in APG (11.6 APG), a career high in FG% (53.2%), and shooting 45.5% from 3 and the Suns won over 60 games that season. Only thing is Dirk led the Mavs to a 67 win season, so he deserved the MVP. Nash wasn't everything though, Amare Stoudemire dominated with around 20-10 season plus shooting a remarkable 57.5% from the field, Barbosa was a scoring machine off the bench at 18.1 PPG and winning the sixth man of the year award, and Shaun Marion added 17.6 PPG, and nearly 10 RPG along with his fantastic defense. That's ignoring the contributions Boris Diaw and Raja Bell had as well. Considering this team had nearly 6 players averaging over double digits in PPG (Diaw was at 9.7 PPG), and 4 of them were above 17 PPG, that's incredible. This team would be amazing to play as in a video game once again.

7. Add 04-05 Spurs

Many people feel one of the Spurs championship teams deserve to be in the game, and well I do to. Although many elect the 2003 Spurs, I say the 2005. Why? Well technically the 2003 Spurs were the first Tim Duncan championship Spurs, and the team did have Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli, but in 2005 was when the Spurs big 3 were actually a big 3. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli in 2003 were not nearly as good as they were in 2005. Sure Tim Duncan didn't quite have the year he had in 2003, but he was still dominant. Add Big Shot Bob, and one of the best defenders of all time in Bruce Bowen and you've got quite a team. Also the finals was a pretty good set up. In 2003 the Spurs ended the Lakers streak of championships, and in 2004 the Pistons completely upset the Lakers in the finals. In 2005 these 2 Laker killer teams finally met face to face, but it wasn't easy. The Spurs had to get through the MVP Nash Suns that took 1st in the West that year and the Pistons had to take out the new Shaq Heat that took 1st in the east that year (a year which Shaq barely lost the MVP to Nash). The series was decided in 7 games, with the Spurs edging out the Pistons. Definitely the Tim Duncan Spurs team I want in the game. I won't mind if they decided 02-03 Spurs though, that was David Robinson's retiring year as well.

#2 Edited by xboxonekb24 (25 posts) -

We Need The Same Lakers Teams From Nba 2k13 With KAREEM The Best CENTER Ever. SMH SMH. CANT BELIEVE HE'S NOT ON THERE. And How Could You Put The OLD SCHOOL Sixers With No DR. J??? MIGHT AS WELL HAVE NOT PUT THE SIXERS ON THE GAME AT ALL IF THE DOCTOR'S NOT ON THERE. THAT WAS A LAZY MOVE IF U ASK ME. AND THE JORDAN CHALLENGE SHOULD ALSO BE ADDED DON'T SEE WHY THE CHANGED THAT FROM FROM NBA 2K11 COME ON HE'S THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER. THAT WAS FUN GOING THROUGH THOSE CHALLENGES REALLY COMPETITIVE ON NBA 2K11 STEP IT UP 2K. AND ALSO FIX THAT GLITCH IN THE UNIFORMS ON THE SHORTS AND JERSEY'S THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE NEXT GEN, EVERYTHING SHOULD GO SOMEWHAT SMOOTH WITH NO GLITCHES PEOPLE ARE NOTICING THINGS LIKE THAT AFTER THEY JUST SPENT 4 TO 5 HUNRED DOLLARS ON A SYSTEM.