Questions relating to the previous installments.

frerich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frerich
Member since 2005 • 1232 Posts

So I actually quite liked Naruto when I was a bit younger but that was back before I had ever heard of Shippuden. Recently, one of my co-workers has gotten me interested in the series again.

My question is, aside from watching the show and reading the manga, are these games a good way to get caught up on the show again? Specifically, if I were to either borrow or purchase the PS3 games starting with Ultimate Ninja Storm and go through the rest, would that cover the whole series starting from the first season of the original Naruto, or would I have to back farther into the PS2 games?

I would prefer if I could stick to the PS3 games just for the sake of not having to hunt down the PS2 games and for monetary reasons.

Thanks for any help that you guys can give me!

DBZxDiExHARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2 DBZxDiExHARD
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts
Hmmm... this won't be an easy answer, so I'll try to answer it to the best of my ability. Each Storm game covers a specific part of the Naruto series, but while it's not exactly accurate, you will have a basic summary of what happened. Storm 1 covers most of the first part of Naruto, with the exception of the Hidden Mist Arc. Storm 2 covers the first half of Shippuden from Naruto's return to Pain's invasion of Konaha. Storm Generations provides general information on both games, while at the same time, providing backstories for certain characters like the Fourth Hokage, Kakashi Hatake, and Itachi Uchiha. Finally, Storm 3 covers only one half of the second half of Shippuden; continuing directly from Storm 2, you get a prologue on the Nine Tails Invasion of Konaha, and it skips ahead to the Five Kage Summit Invasion to the first half of the Fourth Great Shinobi War. If you want a general sense of what has happened so far, then I recommend playing the games. If there are somethings left out in the games, then searching through a wiki will help fill in the holes. Hope I helped! :)