mantalakias319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mantalakias319
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So, I am new to the Storm series and I as I think it's common to have some difficulties.I already learned the gameplay combos etc and I trained more thatn 4 hours at free battles at the Very Hard difficulty and also giving the opponent a handicap. But when I try online mode ranked or player matched I just can't do anything.I have already win 4 matched in ranked and 11 in player matched, but there are some dudes even trainee that I cannot even touch, even if I use replication I don't know how but they manage to hit me back immidietly and continiou their combo.So can you give me some tips to become better ? Thanks in advance !
acidbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 acidbug
Member since 2004 • 1160 Posts

Alright, I'll try to give you some tips. 

For starters, many people think there is no difference between characters, that they are all the same and there is no depth or anything that can be practiced in this game.

This is wrong.

For example, Hanzo's tilt attack is the ideal tool for interrupting someone who is applying a lot of hand-to-hand pressure on you. Effective use of Hanzo's tilt : when you get caught by your opponent's combo, be patient and wait a few hits before using one of your 4 precious substitutions. Make your timing unpredictable, if you sub out of the combo immediately your opponent will expect this and he will immediately dash you again. 
SO step 1 : Use an unpredictably timed substitution
Step 2: once you've appeared behind your enemy, very quickly use Hanzo's tilt attack. Chances are your opponent will still hit you with a dash, but it won't matter as the giant salamander will pop out of the ground regardless and hit-stun and poison the enemy, giving you an opening to turn the combo pressure right back on to him.

Another thing to practice is Ninja Move Canceling. This is the most advanced thing you can learn in this game. Practice this is in the aptly named "practice" mode in the Free Battle menu.

Step 1 : start a combo. To make it simpler choose the UP combo. Hold up the entire time and after a few timed hits press the jump button (X on PS3 or A on xbox) twice while still holding the direction on your thumbstick. This will cause your character to cancel out of the combo without expending any valuable chakra.

You can combine this with many things like grabs or even better...Ultimate Jutsus. This is particularly spectacular and effective when your opponent runs out of Substitutions. It is the safest way to deal the most amount of damage, because the combo is used to hit-confirm your ultimate, and once your ultimate has succesfully landed and the animation starts...your opponent cannot get out of the world of hurt you will put him through.

Here are some examples. These work online, I do them regularly and so do many people.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd60NUX-nZk : Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZsDyQwQyI   : Part 2

Always keep an eye on your enemy's chakra bar and more importantly, his substitution bar. If he is out of Substitutions, punish him. Be wary of support characters though. 

I hope this helps, I can go on for days. Many people neglect the strategy involved in this game. It's very much a heavily resource based strategic fighter. However, it can sometimes be incredibly stupid.

mantalakias319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mantalakias319
Thanks ! I will put it right away at work !
mantalakias319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mantalakias319
Hope you are reading this ! You really helped me a lot, though it's a bit hard to use the combo breaker attacks if i do it right it is 90% my win. Sadly there is no way to avoid the spammers that rule the game !
acidbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 acidbug
Member since 2004 • 1160 Posts

No problem! I'm glad it helped.

Yes there are many spammers online. Often the biggest mistake you can make against this type of player is to play too conservatively and too defensively. 

Be aggressive and in their face at all times. If you're clever about it and you use your support characters at the right time you will often break through spammers. Particularly rasengan spammers, they are the easiest to beat.

Anyway, hope it all helps and most importantly...HAVE FUN!  

Hollow-Byakuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 Hollow-Byakuya
Member since 2009 • 1739 Posts
Spammers are easily beaten if they're going for the same jutsu over and over, simply Sasuke (Kirin) and go for the ultimate just before they finish, most will have to waste a sub or be so off guard that it instantly connects, hope that helps
Avatar image for vengefulwilberg
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 vengefulwilberg
Member since 2010 • 1642 Posts

Hope you are reading this ! You really helped me a lot, though it's a bit hard to use the combo breaker attacks if i do it right it is 90% my win. Sadly there is no way to avoid the spammers that rule the game !mantalakias319

Hey if you want some help. I don't mind lending a hand through matches.  I enjoy helping others who want to enjoy the game the right way.  I can share a lot of useful things.  There are too many spammers out there, so I either play with legit friends I made or help others get better at the game. 

OverThBorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OverThBorder
Do yu play on th PS3 or th 360?
OverThBorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points