Sideways_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sideways_Panda
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So I got UNS3 and was really excited. Then I played it. The game play is more like a button masher than a real fighting game. Took me 10 minutes to get bored of the lackluster fighting style. I was hoping they would bring back the gameplay from UNS2 (you know where it actually took a strategy to win a match), but instead they kept dash-buttonmash-dash-buttonmash style from UNSgen. I guess some people are into that gameplay, but I prefer something that actually requires a strategy.
Oldboy08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Oldboy08
Member since 2007 • 1499 Posts

This is a casual fighter. Why are you complaining? There has hardly ever been a strategy involved in these games. The only strategy in Storm 2 was to substitute jutsu everything. Just enjoy the story mode. That is why these games are awesome. 

GreG975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GreG975
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This is a casual fighter. Why are you complaining? There has hardly ever been a strategy involved in these games. The only strategy in Storm 2 was to substitute jutsu everything. Just enjoy the story mode. That is why these games are awesome. 

Oldboy08

I agree and that's why I can't understand why some people say it has depth/it's tactical. I've read UNS3's review on some websites and it easily got 9's. UNS2 already had almost no combo but in UNS3 they removed one making it an even simpler/"more casual" game. I discovered Gamespot.com around the time when UNS2 was released and Gamespot was *the only one* I could find which would criticized UNS2's lack of depth and (as the OP says) the button-mashing style. That's when I gladly switched to this website. ^^

Yamakoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Yamakoichi
Member since 2010 • 431 Posts

This is the difference between you bottom tier players and top tier players.

People who say the same about Street Fighter being simple are also the people who are bottom tier players. At first glance the game appears to be a simple one button fighter, but there is a reason why you keep losing online because you have yet to explore the depths. I can use combos, shurikens and support attacks to juggle and bounce opponents into Ultimate Jutsu's and of course ultimate team jutsu.

The idea is to force your opponent off balance, making them waste substitutions and then when you have lead them into an opening catching them with more powerful attacks, which normally can be blocked, but when used correctly as a punisher will succeed. The curve is very low and straight forward against the computer, but then once you go online you hit an almost 90 degree brick wall in difficulty curve, just like any fighter.

Try walking away from the shoreline, then you will find the depth to the game.

Oldboy08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Oldboy08
Member since 2007 • 1499 Posts

Lol. Bro, compared to SF, this game is as casual as it gets. This game has one attack button. No counter, no intellegent gameplay whatsoever. Try a fighter like Blazblue and tell me this game takes skill. Now there is a game that has "top tier" and "bottom tier" you make one mistake, you get combo'd till you die. This game, a bottom tier can dominate a top tier by playing cheap and spamming shuriken/jutsu of the month.

daman246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 daman246
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts

generations and storm 3 are button mashers for sure, but storm 2 is not, Storm 2 takes alot of strategy because is easy to substitue so you have to think what your oppenent will do before he doe sit.

Yamakoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Yamakoichi
Member since 2010 • 431 Posts

storm 2 was the game for masher, you could just stand on the spot and spam block to kawarimi any attack then instant special.

Clearly none of you know how to cancel and perform ultimate jutsu mid combo.

Also no counter? guess kawarimi does not exist in your copy, I would take it back and get a new one then.

Not like each character has four ninja tools that require resource management, chakra management or even two support characters that need to be managed correctly......

Maybe if any of you get off the bottom of the ranking bored then you can say it is casual.

Hollow-Byakuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Hollow-Byakuya
Member since 2009 • 1739 Posts
Street Fighter attracts one kind of gamer, the neckbearded warhammer collecting kind. This game is easy to learn but impossible to master, the playing field is level initially but once you learn a few tricks you begin to learn, eventually you ascend the ranks picking up tricks and only typically someone of better skill could manage their techniques well enough to leave you subless and then land a serious combo, but to address the point that there's combo spam, it only reaches you if you let it. That's why you need to think carefully about support and the character you pick.