Do yourself a favour and import this game!

User Rating: 9.5 | Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP
I am a long time fan of the Monster Hunter series. I do not speak/read any Japanese and this was the main factor that made me hesitate in importing the game from overseas. Now that I have taken that step, I must say the language barrier is not as bad as I expected. There are also plenty of translation guides on the internet too.

The first thing that grabbed my attention was the colours. While I thought some of the armors/monsters were a bit derivative in freedom unite, the models and textures have a total revamp.

The combat is very similar to unite, some of the weapons have a few new moves (SnS can strike immediately from the block position, for example). The new weapon, the Switch Axe is like a gun lance and great sword packed into one, but it doesnt offer much in the way of defense.

One warning: If you didnt like Freedom Unite, you will probably not like this game, as it is an improvement on the same formula.

On a final note, if you like the look of this game, go for it! The Japanese have had a terrible time recovering from natural disaster and it can help the economy flowing. Also, please do not use the language barrier as an excuse to pirate this game, that makes me sick.