Low Rank Armor VS Tigrex, any Suggestion?

WillyChong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 WillyChong
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

Hi, I'm a new player of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Jpn with convert Iso with Team Maverick English Patch version, I would like to ask suggestion and opinion on taking on the 5* Tigrex of the Guild Quest, i'm obviosly a noob to ask this, but which armor is recommanded to take on a non-elemental Tigrex? Here are what the best armor available in my inventory:

1)Narga Full Set (evasion & evade distance gem)

2)Barrioth Full Set (constitution and Ice Atk +2)

2)Uragaan Full Set (Defense +2 with no panalty)

3)Jinouga Full Set(thunder Element +1 and reckless abandon +1)

4)Rathanlos Part Set (no helmet yet cause no plate, Attack Up +2 with Fire Atk+1)

What is the best weapon to take on Tigrex, Red Wing, Switch Axe such as Hidden Blade or Dual-Sword such as Twin Flame? I sound kinda stupid, but the last time I fought Tigrex on Monster Hunter Freedom unite it gave me cold sweat, and I'm nervous on taking it on again. I heard Ice attack is its weakness but my Barrioth Switch Axe has low damage(base with armor sphere increase its damage slightly). Open for suggestion, and yes I'm a noob so don't go so hard on me.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

#2 gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

Hello, I know it is kinda late but if your still having trouble here's my advice. I'm also new too. First played Freedom Unite.

Try using the Rathian Set or Grove(Arzuros/Aoshira) Set. What you want to do is activate the Protection or Def L skill. It works very well for me. You might want to keep using it till you get high rank.

As for weapons, it depends on what you like to use. I prefer Long Swords but I guess Dual Swords works well since you can keep up with the Tigrex's speed. I used Hidden Saber to defeat one.

And try using items. Bring Barrel Bombs and a boomerang. It'll come handy in taking down Tigrex. Also Armorskin or Mega Armorskin.

Fighting Tigrex recquires dodging a lot around. So, it takes more than just having the right equipment. Memorize his attack moves.