I was really eager to play 2K's newest addition to the genre. Unfortunately was slightly disappointed....

User Rating: 5 | MLB Front Office Manager PS3
After playing many baseball stat driven fantasy type games, I was really eager to play 2K's newest addition. Unfortunately was slightly disappointed....
Overall game play - looks good (better than OOTP and Mogul) but still is lacking from what I would like to see. There needs to be more music (in the menus, it's still a PS3 game!) The two options of play (bat by bat or auto play) still leave you wanting more. There should also be a pitch by pitch play. Also, the stadium announcer is next to impossible to understand. Why didn't they add a TV style announcing system? I want it to look like I'm watching it (just like 2K's other baseball game). Overall, the graphics were decent and surprising at times (Pedroa looks like himself and Ortiz has his stance).
Overall stat-ability - The ability ratings are entirely too low for many MVP caliber stars. The majority of the major leagues, evidently is only a 50 rating. And the minors (by default, I'm guessing) are 20. The starting pitchers stamina is entirely too low. The rating will say 65 stamina, but they can't pitch longer than 3 innings. Becket (80 stamina rating) is lucky if he can go 6 innings.
Overall take - This game is definitely on its way... just not quite there yet. They do offer many features that have been lacking in the genre so far... Rule 5 draft, 40 man roster, Expanded rosters and well organized team management screens. And of course, you have to love the end cinematic of your GM either clapping, all smiles when you win... or shrugging off a loss as he walks away. I bought the game... and if they make another next year, I'll buy that one too.