Metroid Prime 3 is a great game and fitting end to the Prime series that every fan of the Metroid series will love.

User Rating: 9 | Metroid Prime 3: Corruption WII
As with all great things, the Metroid Prime series comes to an end with a bang in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It shares the same feel as the other Metroid games, but also adds a lot more story then the other Prime games before it. With new, slick controls, you get a feel for the worlds in trouble a little more then before. Anyone looking for a challenge, or just loves first-person adventure games, you should pick up Metroid Prime 3 and give it a go.

We find Samus six months after the events that too place in Metroid Prime 2: Echos. There has been a Space Pirate attack on a Galactic Federation ship and they took the Aurora Unit on it and it seems that a virus as spread out through the other ones. Samus and a few other bounty hunters are ordered to fix this, but then the pirates try to attack Norion, a Galactic Federation base. The hunters, including Samus, work to stop the attack, and while doing so they find out that Dark Samus is now working with the Space Pirates. The hunters are able to stop the attack, but are now corrupted with Phazon by an attack from Dark Samus. Samus wakes up a month later with some enhancements to her Power Suit. She now has what is called a PED, Phazon Enhancement Device, built into her suit so she can control the Phazon her body is now producing.

This sets up the rest of the game because the other hunters have go missing after sent out to check out some other planets that have been attacked. Like I said earlier, this game has a much deeper story then the other Prime games and it works well. As with the other games, the planets', that Samus visits, history are told through Lore, but that's about it. It also seems that Samus is told what to do next a lot more then the other games. This might be the hint system working in overdrive, but I remember playing the other two Prime games with the hint system on and still got lost. This is good for newcomers to the series, and others can just turn the hint system off.

What this game brings to the table is the new controls more then anything else. Most of its gameplay is based off of the other Metroid Prime games, though Samus does have a few new tricks up her suit, but I'll get to that later. The controls fit the game better then anything else. You point the Wii Mote at the screen and pan it around to look around. This seems to just open the game up a lot more. You have to worry a lot more about what's behind you, above you, to the sides of you, then just what's in front of you more then the other games because the enemies are more around you then ever before. They also seem a lot smarter as they will hide behind objects a lot of the time.

During some of the parts of the game, it feels like a few spots in the game left you wondering where the path to go on was. I don't know if it was just me or what, but that just how I felt. It might be because of the odd level design in these area, or it's just the difficulty of the game. And I'm not even talking about the boss battle, which were fun though challenging. Some of the boss fights had you fighting against the other bounty hunters, which I found these ones to be the funnest. Some of the others were repeats and these seemed to be more like Samus taking on an normal enemy with a heath bar just because.

Another thing to thank the motion control ability of the Wii Mote, some of Samus' upgrades involve you performing an action. Some might find this annoying, but I think that it adds to the game to be able to launch the Grapple Lasso at a Space Pirate with a shield. This also makes for some challenging and unique puzzles. Also, because of Samus' new PED, we get what is called Hypermode and use Hypermode versions of her weapons, which was very powerful versions of her normal ones because they are infused with Phazon. This makes Samus very powerful for short periods of time at the cost of an Energy Tank. So really it's your choice, don't use it and take the chance to lost more heath then it would cost to just enter Hypermode and kill whatever is in your path faster or take the fast path at the cost of some of your health. This brings a new challenge to the game.

Throughout the game you will collect "credits" which help you unlock art galleries and music as well as some bonus things like bumper stickers and a bobble head. To collect these you have to do different task like scanning creatures and lore, beating bosses, or getting them from friends. This is really the only thing that will make you to play the game again unless you want to play the game on all of the difficulty levels.

Much like Metroid Prime 2, this game's areas are very different. You have everything from a jungle like area to a polluted planet made mostly out of "man" made structures to where that there is no real ground and this sets the different planets and ships that Samus will visit apart. It all looks great as well as it's all made with the Prime feel, but it doesn't seem to change much from Metroid Prime 2 graphically. Still, the game is very detailed and will leave you saying "Wow" as you look over the clouds of Elysia or as you take on the final boss.

One more thing this game does differently, or more of, is voice acting. There's a lot more of it as there should because this game is driven more by a story then the other games. All of it is good, in my opinion, though much like Link from the Zelda series, Samus doesn't get any lines. The background music is very fitting to the game as it builds tension as you walk down a hallway and you have no idea what's coming next.

Though it doesn't pass the other Prime games, it's a very fitting end to the Prime series as it brings more of a story and unique controls that work great for the Wii. As I stated at the beginning of this review, anyone who enjoys a good challenge and loves action adventure games, or is just a Metroid fan should give this a go.

Pros and Cons:
+Fun boss fights
+Great story
+Superb music and voice acting
-Not much different from the other Primes

Scores:
Gameplay: 8.0
Graphics: 9.0
Story: 9.0
Sounds: 9.0
Replay Value: 7.0
Fun Level: 9.0
Overall: 8.8