rockerboy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rockerboy92
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts

With ground zeroes being the prequeal to the phantom pain i drew up these ideas on what is to become of the metal gear story. First off i beleive that things are going to go drastically wrong in the outcome of "ground zeroes"; by watching the ground zeroes trailer it is apparent that this new burnt villain who may be working with cypher (judging by the american flags in the omega compound) is plotting against msf hence the quote "operation pirate crack-down is a go", chico and paz's captivity is what lures big boss into this trap. While on this mission, the Xof leader or burnt guy finds the location of MSF, and sends an atttack on the base, completely obliterating the place. Big boss then rushes to the base and attempts to rescue Kaz, or fend off the base? Anyway, MSF falls and big boss either goes into a coma during Kaz's rescue or possibly later in the ground zeroes game. With the title being "ground zeroes" perhaps big boss and kaz have to literally start back out at ground zero, judging by the small scene where the two are in the helicopter and kaz punches the wall in anger. Not much can be speculated by just these few trailers but those are my thoughts.

As for after the coma, my thinking is that in the nine years cipher has begun working on the sons of the patriots system. When i was watching the fox engine demonstration on the clay modeling character thing, they said that they can take a mold of a human being and add special effects, they said something about making the model older in the example. From that model i saw a slightly familiar face, the eyebrows and all looked alot like zero in MGS 4 sort of but slightly younger? Afterall, going back to MGS3 zero's codec thing said he was born in like 1914 and with GZ taking place after PW which was in like 1975, and TPP taking place nine years after GZ, TPP will probably take place in the late 80's, so Zero's age is up there, whether he's in the game who knows. With this age and the theory that the SOP is in the developement phase it kind of coincide with the story explanations given at the end of MGS4, and with Paz's scene at the end of PW when she goes on about cipher soon taking control, controlling guns. This being said big boss then gets into motion to stop the burnt villian who is most likely an agent for zero (cipher).

I beleive that while coming out of the coma big boss comes into contact with the sorrow after nearly being in death, this may explain the hallucinations in TPP. May also be possible that they are caused by the young child with the gasmask(Mantis?). As for the bandaged man, i'm clueless, obviously he watched over big boss for 9 years while in the hostpital and was with him when they brought him in. could be Frank Jaeger, could be someone new, i dunno. Ocelot is obviously back sporting his classic attair in younger form and allies with big boss to bring down cipher. With it being the late 80's it's almost been about16 years since les enfentes terribe (1972) and it could be possible to see a younger solid snake, he also doesn't age well due to being a clone so he could look 20 somethin who knows. With big boss's voice being different(due to weightloss from being in a coma or age or even both) wouldn't suprise me to see a game where david hayter is snake and bis boss is another actor. The whole diamond dogs thing is big boss rebuilding his mercenary family i think.

Anyway those are my thoughts on the whole story aspect, but what to i know, Kojima does write a badass story and there can be something that noone could see coming.

So what you guys think?

zowbaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zowbaid
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

That all sounds pretty good to me. I believe that the bandaged man could be a hallucination brought on by Snake though. The reason I say this is because I thought that Snake and Ishmael shared the same voices, Kiefer Sutherland's voice. I could be wrong but that's what it sounded like to me. Also, why in the hell would there be a strange man watching over Snake for 9 years in the hospital and why would he still be bandaged up after 9 years? Wouldn't his wounds have healed up already? Also, his face and arm ar bandaged up, EXACTLY like how Kojima looked when we went up onstage to announce the game. Kojima had both his head and arm bandaged up just like the Ishmael in the phantom pain. So this means that Ishmael could be playing a much larger role and that's why I think that he and Snake are the same person, either a hallucination or something like that. Why would his entire face be bandaged up? He didn't look wounded. It's because Kojima is trying to confuse us by masking his identity so that we will be blown away when we find out who he really is later in the game.

Secondly, at the end of the trailer when Big Boss is on his bike smoking his cigar, he had a devil horn above his eye patch. What's up with that? Also, during the Phantom Pain gameplay footage, when we see Snake crawling around learning to move, his face was bandaged right above his right eye and we can see a buldge on that same spot where the devil horn is. So there is something fishy about that wound and how he got it.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15378 Posts
>Secondly, at the end of the trailer when Big Boss is on his bike smoking his cigar, he had a devil horn above his eye patch. What's up with that? zowbaid
Maybe there was an explosion and a flying piece of shrapnel got lodged in his skull and the doctors were unable to remove it.
NegasBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NegasBlack
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

The first part of the story seems to take place after Peace Walker, probably no more than 4 years later. It will probably start with Big Boss going to rescue Paz and failing to do so, as in the first trailer the scarred face man suggests she didn't suffer. There is no real indication what happened to the boy, presumably Chico, but he was either taken away by XOF or also killed, I assume taken. Big Boss realizing his mission is a failure gets a distress call from Mother Base and returns to save Miller. Miller asks Big Boss what happened, where Paz is and BB informs him that she is dead and Miller punches the hull of the helicopter. Their helicopter gets shot down during their escape and they crash resulting in BB' coma, Miller's injuries and whoever the third person is. This third person is probably the one that stays with BB during his 9 year coma. The fact his face is covered in bandages it could be Gray Fox, who got his ears and nose cut off in Mozambique and was rescued by BB. Perhaps they all escaped Mother Base together. Considering their history Gray Fox owing his life to BB a few times, remains there during those 9 years to repay the debt. After those 9 years the awakening of BB makes him a threat once again and XOF is sent in again to finish the job. Big Boss escapes with help from a few friends. Gets injured during the escape again, but lives and escapes. Gets back in shape, artificial hand installed, similar to the one seen at the beginning of Peace Walker and starts his plans to rebuild and get payback. Presumably upon his coming to FOXHOUND, a cloned arm is offered to replace the artificial arm, keeping the original storyline intact.

taker254isback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 taker254isback
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

This is what I think , here you're going to see how BB recruited mantis , sniper wolf , raven , octopuss , fox , etc. This is all going to culminate with the first metal gear game from NES but you're going to play as big boss not as snake. In other words , its a prequel to metal gear 1 but from BB perspective.