Demon and hero points annoy Me Help!

#1 Posted by thundercloud80 (35 posts) -

So I did the first 2 missions and went loud after getting caught by the enemy and now i have that lil horn on my head. I am a bit annoyed cause it seems to want to you to tranquilize everything but yo u only get 14 and if someone starts firing at me Im shooting back. So My question is how does everyone counter this and get your heroism up early on in game?

#2 Posted by iiioiister (9 posts) -

@thundercloud80: You can't counter this effect. I have over 180,000 Heroism points and I am covered in blood with a fully grown horn on my forehead. After a while I just started killing everyone (during Side Missions and Free Roam) since this game's Demon/Heroism effect only goes one way...

#3 Edited by Frag_Maniac (2082 posts) -

@iiioiister said:

@thundercloud80: I have over 180,000 Heroism points and I am covered in blood with a fully grown horn on my forehead. After a while I just started killing everyone (during Side Missions and Free Roam) since this game's Demon/Heroism effect only goes one way...

It doesn't only go one way, and since Hero status starts at 150,000, I find the 180,000 part hard to believe.

Demon status is supposed to start when you drop below 100,000 points, and even then, the Hero points CAN still be built back up. You just have to make sure you do more heroic than demonic acts. Plus there are acts that raise it faster, like saving children by extracting them, finding and disarming nukes, etc.

@thunder, develop higher grade weapons when you can, which will give them more power and/or ammo. At any time though you can call in supply drops to top it off. Go to iDroid, Missions, Supply Drops, Ammo/Fulton. Designate where to drop, and shortly it parachutes down to you.

There's also ways to conserve ammo, like lure distracting via throwing the infinite amount of empty magazines you're equipped with. When within 12m or so, you can switch to Bionic Arm knocks to lure to a cover spot for an easy stealth takedown. You can also use CQC-Close Quarters Combat (aim pistol from behind, hold Q for command). Or just hold RMB to grab, then Q to interrogate, or LMB repeatedly to sleep choke, E to knife kill.

One of the reasons a LOT of people on PC get frustrated, especially if you play with KB/M, is the game doesn't adequately explain control functions for those devices. Here's a great guide that I found and used, it helped a lot. It's for Ground Zeroes, but mostly works for The Phantom Pain (CQC Commands were changed to number vs arrow keys though).

http://www.gameskinny.com/eb638/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-keyboard-controls-review